Ivory

I carefully put my eyeliner on. I needed to look perfect for him. After all, he didnt know what I looked like. I straitened my auburn hair, and put on my loose beanie.

I logged into Skype to see a message from Cody.

[12:34] "hey"

[12:35] "Hi!"

He called almost immediately, which startled me. I smiled, with my mouth closed, and waved.

"Hi!" He beamed his adorable smile. "How are you?"

[12:42] “im good”

I didn’t want to talk. It would ruin the moment. My voice was disgusting, just like everything else about me was.

“Why aren’t you talking?” he asked me with furrowed eyebrows. He yawned slightly. Why was he so perfect? I shrugged in retaliation. He didn’t need to know my reasoning, not yet. “Oh c’mon.” He tried to pout, but his smile was too big and he started to chuckle. “Okay, okay, keep your secrets.”

“Who’re you talking to?” I heard Zach speak, his head in most likely in the doorway.

“Uh, no one?” He tried to answer, only it ended up sounding like a question.

“Yeah, right.” Zach walked into the room, and looked at me, puzzled. I waved awkwardly at him, and he returned it. “Who’s she?”

“The girl that wrote the letter.” Cody looked at his keyboard, seeming embarrassed.

“Her? She wrote that letter we read? I didn’t think you were that obsessed with it.”

“I’m not obsessed!”

“Oh c’mon, you read it every single day! And we received it months ago.”

I giggled. He kept reading it? Awesome! They both looked over at me before Cody shoved Zach out of the room, shut the door, locked it, and went back to his seat. He laughed nervously.

“Sorry about that...” he mumbled.

[12:58] “It’s okay ^~^ so, howd you get my number anyway?”