Rocket man, not Superman.

The next morning, we decided to go out for brunch before his big press conference. "So, are you excited!? You know I am." He looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah, it's crazy knowing how welcoming this city has been. This week has been crazy." He played with his food and sighed. "What's wrong, baby? You seem uneasy." He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Just a tad bit anxious." I furrowed my eyebrows together and said, "About the press conference? Dwight, come on you've-" He stood up and walked out the restaurant. I sat there and waited for the waiter to come back. "Here's your card and have a nice day!" I smiled and handed him a fifty dollar tip, walking out quickly. I finally caught up to him and reached out for his hand. He pulled back and walked across the street to enter the hotel. I learned a couple of things about him... When he's mad, he gets mean and does things he's gonna regret later. I followed behind him, but went to his parent's room. I knocked shakily on the door and his mom opened it looking worried. "What's wrong, sweetheart? Come in." She let me in and Braylon walked up to me. "What's wrong, Ana? Why do you look sad?" He reached up for me to hug him. "I'm fine, baby. I'm just tired." He nodded unconvincingly and walked out the room. Once he left, I erupted in tears. Sheryl walked up to me and hugged me tightly. Hugging her made me miss my mother even more. "I-Dwight-Mad-I can't." I managed to say while sobbing. She rubbed my back and nodded. "Look, sit on the balcony and relax. Just breathe." I let goof her and walked to the sliding doors. I looked down and wiped my face. Once the warm air hit my face, I felt better. I didn't really sit down. I just looked at the sky, thinking about my brother and mom. I heard the door open and someone softly grab my hips. "I'm sorry. Please, forgive me." I turned around and looked into his eyes. I could tell he's been crying, but why? "Tell me what's going on, Superman." He sat down and I sat on his lap. "Okay, I got a call from my agent and he's talking about how Blake is trash talking us to radio stations and magazines. It pissed me off, because he pretty much started this. If he didn't sleep with that girl, this never would have happened." I exhaled and looked away from him. This was the music I was afraid of facing.

-

Well, after a serious makeup touch up, we made it to the arena for the introduction of Dwight to Houston! We excitedly sat down off to the side as he was answering questions from the crowd. Someone asked about our relationship and he looked over at me. I nodded and he answered the question with a smile on his face. I saw the cameras flashing as I smiled. That's something to shut Blake's dumb and irrelevant ass up.

-

As the press conference came to an end, they brought out Dwight's new jersey. I pulled out my phone and took a bunch of pictures while he held up his jersey proudly. Many cameras flashed as he smiled a very cheesy smile. He was surrounded by many Houston Rockets legends. I really am proud of him. I looked over at his mom and she was crying as she held onto to Emma. I giggled at the sight and so did Braylon.

-

Just a short update. I felt bad about leaving you hanging. Votes? Comments? Thanks, babies. 💕😘