Chapter Fifteen

The week passed quickly. Marieka, Gail, and I went shopping and had a general girls day while Blake, Kieran, Tommy, and Taylor caught a local baseball game. I had never seen Kieran so tired before.

"He likes baseball. Just like his Daddy." Blake boasted.

I rolled my eyes.

"That's not true. He likes baseball because he wants to be like his Mommy." I countered.

I stretched my arms out to take my son, who leaned towards me eagerly.

"See?"

"That means nothing!" He tried to turn Kieran away from me.

"Sure it doesnt. Leave the baseball to me. You have basketball." I lifted Kieran obe Blake's shoulder, where he accidentally kicked Blake's ear.

Blake grumbled and I bounced Kieran until he fell asleep. His little head was on my shoulder, his hand in my hair. I sat down with him, ready to wait out his nap.

"What are you doing?" Blake asked me.

"Shh!" I pointed to Kieran. He nodded and walked over, bending down so his lips were at my ear.

"I'm taking you out to dinner tonight. Pack an overnight bag and be ready by eight. Wear something sexy." I felt my cheeks burn and he quickly kissed it before walking out of the room, shooting me a wink as he went. I sighed, and began to play with Kieran's curls. They were getting longer. He needed a haircut. I took out my phone and tapped in a reminder to make an appointment. I thought about what I should wear tonight, too. I decided on a floral dress I had bought with Mareika and Gail. It stopped about mid thigh and had major cut outs in the back. I gently leant forward, and got Kieran off my shoulder, putting him down in his crib. I turned on his monitor, and picked mine up, switching it on, too. Blake was out on the porch in the back of the house. I walked out to the backyard, and I saw him stand and follow me. He sat down on the cool grass, and I sat in between his legs. He interwove our our fingers, and I smiled up at him. He brought his lips down to meet mine, and it was so sweet I could've lived in this moment forever. There was a rustle in the bush by the garage, and Blake shot up, taking me with him.

"Get inside! Go! Run!"

"Blake, wha-"

My sentence was cut off by screams, and before I knew it I was being bombarded with water balloons, Marieka and Taylor screaming and running around, having a ball soaking us. When they finally ran out of balloons, they ran away hand in hand, giggling like school girls.

"I told you." Blake said, sounding defeated. I winked at him.

"I got this." I leant up and kissed his lips before dragging him inside.

"Gail!" I screetched. Blake wove his arms around my waist so my back was to his chest.

"Yes, what- dear my what happened to you two?"

"Taylor and Marieka attacked us!" I cried.

"Sweetie, why don't you go get cleaned up?" I nodded, grabbing Blake's hand. I went back into our bedroom, and pulled on an old t-shirt and lounge pants. I checked on Kieran, seeing as the baby monitor was finished, and he was standing up, staring at me. I picked him up and walked out, Blake following behind. Taylor and Marieka stood in the kitchen with their heads down, looking like children again.

"Taylor, how many times have I told you to leave your brother alone? He wasn't bothering you! And Marieka, I thought you knew better! You both made Riley and Blake-"

Gail continued on, and I caught both Taylor and Marieka's eye, giving them a smirk and a wink. I put Kieran down on his blanket, before pushing Blake onto the couch and curling up into his side.

"You are one evil woman." Taylor walked in, glaring at me.

"So I've been told. I think we're even now." I smiled at him.

"What? No. Mom is so much worse! This is war."

"No it's not." Marieka strolled in.

"You win." She smiled at me. I grinned back and Taylor sat next to Blake. They began to talk about pranks they had pulled on eachother when they were little.

"Blake and I are going out to dinner. Would you mind watching Kieran?" Marieka looked over at him, and he looked back, sucking on a teething ring.

She turned back, smiling.

"Of course!"

I smiled and stood up.

"Would you like to help me get ready?"

Marieka shot up and out of the room, leaving Taylor laughing.

"She's a special one." He looked adoringly at his wife.

"Taylor, can you make sure Blake is dressed well too? I remember he went to a movie premier once in basketball shorts." I reminded them.

"Hey! That was right after my surgery." Blake pouted.

"Right..." I smiled at him and he walked over, grabbing the small of my back.

"I love you."

"Not as much as I love you."

He bent down and kissed me softly, before letting me go. I walked back to his room where Marieka had laid out my dress and was heating a curling wand. I sat down, and she began on my hair.

"So what's the occasion?" She inquired.

"Hmm?" I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Why are you going out tonight?" She clarified.

"I don't know, it's been awhile since we did. We like to stay in. I don't want Kieran to be overexposed." I explained.

She nodded, smiling.

"You're such a good mother."

"Thanks" I blushed.

"You're done!" She let the last curl drop and picked up her make up, starting on my face. By the time she was done, I looked like a different person. She helped me to slip the dress on, and I picked up a clutch, throwing in my phone and drivers license. I pulled on a pair of wedges, and looked into the mirror.

"How do I look?"

"Absolutely Stunning." I whirled around, to the sound of Blake's voice. He was dressed in a black suit, with black dress shoes, and a white dress shirt that was unbuttoned at the top. He's going to be the cause of World War III, mark my words.

"You don't look bad yourself. Who knew you cleaned up so well?" I turned and started to leave, but didn't get very far as Blake's arms wound around my waist. He kissed my neck, holding me tight.

"It should be illegal to look this good." He whispered in my ear.

"It probably is." I smirked and threw his arm away, walking away to say goodbye. I kissed my son and hugged Marieka, thanking her again. Taylor leant down to hug me and whispered,

"You look great."

"Thank you" I quietly murmered back. I looked around for Gail and Tommy, but they couldn't be found. I stuck my head back in the room with Marieka.

"Tell Tommy and Gail we said bye, ok?"

She nodded, smiling, before turning back to playing with Kieran.

I walked out, and Blake was in a rental car. It was a black Honda, with dark tinted windows. I stepped into the car, and we were off.