Chapter Three

“I have to leave for a few weeks.” Blake said to me, not making eye contact. 

“Why?” I looked at him worriedly, stepping forward to take his face in my hands.

“Games. We’re going to be on the road for a month.” 

“A month?” Such a long time… 

“Yeah.” He backed away from me, his big frame leaning against the wall. “Stop Blake. Are you afraid of me? Why are you moving away?” Hot tears pricked my eyes. He swept forward, gently crushing me to his chest.

“I’m sorry baby.” His big arms wrapped around me, holding me. He guided me to the couch where he kissed my temple. 

“W-when do you leave?” 

“Tomorrow.” He said quietly. 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked angrily through the tears. 

“I wanted to enjoy our time and I didn’t want you to be sad I was leaving.” I took a deep breath.

“Blake, I’ll always be sad when you leave.” 

“I don’t want you to be.”

“How can I not? You take half of me away with you.” I gave him a sad smile. He leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine. My hands cupped his cheeks, and his hands pulled at my hips, moving us closer together. We sat on the couch for hours, stealing kisses and having small pointless conversations. I had my head in the crook of his neck when he glanced at the clock. It was already 9:00 and his flight was at 6, meaning we had to get up at 3. He scooped me up bridal style, and carried me back to the bedroom. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth while Blake got changed and played with Chaney. I walked out and he got up, going into the bathroom. I changed into my pjs and climbed into bed. He climbed in shortly after, pulling me to his chest, where I began to trace his muscles. He watched me. “You don’t have to come tomorrow. I know you have your classes.” I had my busiest days on tuesdays, but he wasn’t going to the airport alone. 

“No.” I looked up at him, staring deeply into his eyes. 

“I want to say goodbye. I’ll be there with all the other wives and girlfriends to watch my other half go to work. And it’ll be that way from now to when I’m eighty.” His eyes scanned over my face, and realizing that he wasn’t going to win, he sighed. “Alright baby. Go to sleep. I love you.” I kissed his lips. 

“I love you more.” And with that, we fell asleep. 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The alarm went off, causing Blake to groan, and roll over. I heard him slap the alarm, and silence filled the room. I kept my eyes closed, dreading the time that was drawing ever closer. I felt a thick warm arm wrap around my waist, and warm lips at my ear. 

“We have to get up…”

I groaned, and threw off Blake, getting out of bed. I trudged into the closet, throwing on sweatpants and uggs. I wandered over to Blake’s side of the closet, and pulled his favorite hoodie off of its hanger. I slipped the big hoodie over my body, feeling the soft lining slip over my skin. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and shoved my glasses onto my face. I stomped into the bathroom, and began brushing my teeth. I walked out, finished, and saw Blake was dressed in team sweats. I wandered out into the family room, plopping down on the couch and flicking on the local news. I heard Blake put his bags by the door off to the right, then lumber into the kitchen, turning on the coffee pot and putting tea on for me. He plopped down next to me, extending his arms so I could crawl into his lap. I looked down into his face, memorizing the features I knew all too well. He watched me, before pulling me down and connecting our lips. I pulled away when I heard the appliances in the kitchen go off. I climbed up, going to the kitchen to turn them off. I made my tea and popped bread into the toaster while Blake made his coffee and fruity pebbles. He’s a child in a man’s body, but it's another part of him I love. He’s my big man child. I stood against the counter, sipping my tea while waiting for my bread to be toasted. I retrieved it, and sat down next to Blake at the table where he slid his arm around my waist, continuing to eat one handed. I finished before he did, and rinsed my dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. I resumed my place next to him, playing with one of his curls. He finished and pushed his bowl away, before catching my hand and holding to his cheek. I sighed and got up, cleaning up for him. This is our first time being apart for more than a week, and I don’t know how it's going to go. He caught me from behind, kissing my neck. I sighed.

“I’m going to miss you so much.”

“Not as much as I'm going to miss you.” He took my hand and the bags, leading us out to the car. As soon as the door opened, flashes starting going off, blinding me. Blake opened my door and helped me in before throwing his bags in. He got in, and took my hand. On the way to the airport, he kept kissing my hand, and rambling how it “won't be that bad” and “how we'll be back together in no time”. I zoned out, staring out the window. We arrived at the airport, where Blake got out and got his bags before fighting his way over to my side to help me out. The paparazzi always went crazy at the airport hoping to see tears or something. He put his arm around my shoulder, and I intertwined our fingers and draped an arm around his waist. He checked in his bags and we slowly walked toward security. We got to the gate, and I pulled hims close, burying my face in his neck. 

“Riley, we’ll be fine.” He murmured into my neck. I nodded, tears spilling over. He pulled back, cradling my face and forcefully kissing me. I pulled him close, before he pulled away. He stared into my eyes, slipping his thumbs under the frames of my glasses to wipe away the tears.

“We’ll be fine.” He stated.

“Don’t cry, baby. I’ll call you when I land.” He turned and started to walk away before I ran after him.

“Blake!”

He spun around and I caught up to him, crashing our lips together. I pulled away, our foreheads touching.

“I love you.”

“If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” He quoted the notebook. I stepped back, and watched him walk away until I couldn’t see his huge silhouette anymore.