Chapter Twenty- Four

I ran my fingers through my now blonde hair. It felt really nice to have my natural color back. I flipped it over my shoulder, catching a piece of the newly dyed hair in between my fingers. I couldn't stop looking at the color. It had been 3 years since I was blonde, and I missed it. I felt like I was a teen again.

"You look gorgeous." Blake kissed my cheek as I bounced around happily, staring at us in the mirror.

"Thank you. I missed it." Blake grinned at me, paying the lady who had done my hair and pulling me out to the car.

"I wonder if Kieran will like it..." He wondered out loud. I groaned.

"Kieran has never seen me blonde! What if he doesn't recognize me?"

"He will. Why hasn't he seen you like this before?"

"Because I tried to play both Mommy and Daddy. He looks nothing like me. He looks like you. I didn't want him to question why he didn't look like me."

"He didn't look like you with the disguise."

"I know. We had the exact same eye and hair color, though, so it was close enough for our two year old."

"Speaking of, while you got ready I called a doctor in New York and made an appointment. Dr. Otis."

"Is he good?"

"The best. Like I told you."

"Good."

"By the way, we have to take separate planes. Coach wants the team together before the game. Literally he wants us all to be focused on the game and us only."

"That's not possible. You won't focus on the game until about an hour before."

"Shut up." He whined, letting me know I was right.

"Anyway," he continued, intertwining our fingers.

"You'll take a plane with Kieran, Jada, and the other wives and families."

"Joy. I only know Jada and I think everyone else hates me."

"They don't hate you. You'll win them all over baby, I promise." He kissed the back of my hand.

"Sure..." I mumbled.

We pulled into the driveway, and Blake opened my door for me. He took my hand again, and I pulled him back before we got in the door.

"You go in first. Get Kieran and make sure that he doesn't run away when I come in. Try to explain..."

"You're worried over nothing!" He laughed at me. I pulled him down to my level and quickly kissed him, before pushing him away. He tried to kiss me again, but I pushed his chest back and shoved him inside the house.

"Tease!" He called back to me. I heard Blake's voice, and DeAndre's, conversing with each other. I heard Kieran's squeals of delight before it got quiet.

"Riley, come in here!"

I walked in and stared at my son, hoping he wouldn't be afraid of me. I saw his little fists clench the fabric of Blake's shirt.

"Kieran, It's Mommy." I said quietly, slowly walking towards him.

"M-Momma?"

"Yeah baby, I'm right here." I hesitantly picked up his hand and placed it on my cheek. He studied my face hard, his little brow creasing together, like Blake's when he was thinking hard. A smile broke across his face, and he reached out to me.

"Momma!" I took him from Blake, hugging him tightly to my chest. Kieran picked up a piece of my hair.

"Wrong color." His brow was creased again.