The family Chapter 3

As I watched him enter the barn my mom had walked up behind me.
"His name is Taylor, yes he's new here, no you can not date him." She said
Shocked and startled I turn around " W-what? Th-that's- I don't want to date him, he's too rude!" I stutter.
"I see how you looked at him. You forget, I was your age once" She laughed.
I shook my head and started to walk away. As soon as I turned around there were 2 gun shots. I see my dad running to the fence and yell at a new guard.
"Are you trying to attract a horde!?!?" My dad screams.
"N-no sir, but that family was being attacked" he replies.
"Dad open the gate! The family has two little girls and ones been shot!" I shout.
He lets the family in I grab the girl that was shot and carry her up to the hospital room as fast as I can go.
"Dr. Johnson! Help!" I shout.
"What's wrong?" He questions.
"She's been shot!" I answer
"Alright, calm down I'm going to need you to leave the room while I do the procedure" he says.
I nod and leave the room.

Two hours later

It's been two hours, I'm scared she was so little. The family has been checked, fed, bathed, and shown to their rooms. Now they sit here and wait with me. Dr. Johnson finally opens the door.
"She will make it, she just needs to rest. Who did this?" He looks at me.
"Um the new guard, I think his name was Dominic?" I replied.
"Thanks you. I will have a word with your father" he says.
I nod as he turns and walks down the hall. The family rushes into the room.
"That poor family" a familiar voice says from behind me.