Chapter 1: Lee Ha Ni

Lee Ha Ni was a quiet girl. But her mind was loud. Her imagination was like no other. She only had a small circle. To everyone else, she was a mouse. But to her friends, she was full of hope.  She rarely smiled though. She rarely even opened up to anyone. That's because her past was full of hurt, hatred, and disappointment.

 From the day of her birth, she never felt love from her parents. While her mother was pregnant with her, she was doing drugs. So, when Ha Ni was born, she was sick, her parents were not allowed to take her home so they left the hospital. 3 days after birth, the hospital contacted her grandmother, the only person who could take Ha Ni home. Her grandmother took Ha Ni home in her arms with tears streaming down her face. She admired the baby's beauty but saw the look of abandonment in the newborn's eyes. Not even a year old, yet filled with so much sorrow. Her grandmother loved Ha Ni as if she was her own daughter.

Weeks after being in her grandmother's care, Ha Ni's parents finally came to take custody. Her grandmother reluctantly gave them their child. While she lived with her parents, all her life was filled with was yelling, crying, and running away. The child grew up with emotionless eyes as her father's only job was an illegal chicken fighter and her mother a drug addict. The smell of these things disgusted her.

 Years later, it was time for Ha Ni to enter school. The child was bright. Top of all her classes. She may have grown up suffering, but that made her brain accelerate, wanting not to end up like her parents. She was always the last to leave school. Although it ended at 2, she was picked up at 3 by her  so called, "parents".  Then came her third grade year. She came home only to here her parents fighting and throwing things at each other in the kitchen. She was used to it. She continued to walk to her home but stopped in her tracks as she heard her name in the screaming. 

"YOU DO NOTHING FOR THIS FAMILY. NOTHING FOR ME, NOTHING FOR HA NI. CAN YOU PLEASE JUST THINK ABOUT HER FOR ONCE? IT'S TIME TO LET HER GO", her father yelled. Her father was the only sensible one on occasion.

Tears threatened to fall, but she held it in. She wanted to be strong. She needed to be strong. She continued to her room as she heard the front door slam. She knew it was her mother. She entered her room and studied. Ignoring the muffled cried of her father. She sat there emotionless while studying.

That night she tucked herself into bed, and sang the song she heard her father occasionally sing to her when he was in his right mind.

"Kiss you in the morning,

Kiss you in the evening.

Lay by you when you're sleeping,

My baby.

I give you all my love and trust  you with my heart and,

Stand by you when you're down,

I'll be around."

She sang as her eyelids got heavy.

The next day she awoke to someone on the edge of her bed. She got up and realized it was her grandmother, the only person that she felt that cared.

"Mama?", the sleepy Ha Ni asked.

Her grandmother turned to face her and said, "Ah, my dear Ha Ni. No time to explain, we're going now. Kaja!". She noticed the luggage next to her grandmother. Still confused, she nodded and didn't even change out of her clothes from yesterday. She obediently followed her grandma silently.  She didn't she her father in the house as they left. All she saw were packed boxes. She quickly understood the situation as she got into her grandmother's car. They drove off to her grandmother's house only to see more packed boxes and luggage.

"Mama, are we moving?" Ha ni asked.

"Yes," her grandma bent down in front of her, "far away, away from your drug addicted parents." She whispered as she hugged the young child. Ha Ni remained emotionless.

Hours later her and her grandmother set off to the airport. She was given her plane ticket and passport as it read, "Flight 406, Seoul, South Korea".  She knew her grandmother was part Korean but never expected for them to move that far to escape her parents, but she still complied. When they boarded the flight, she put in earphones and watched the plane take off as she thought to herself,

"They chose drugs over me."

A/N: WOOOOOO FIRST CHAPTER NICEEE, it's long or short idk  but some chapters may be like this or shorter  or longer idk depends, but hope you guys liked it and will support my first fanfic wootwoot. I'm also currently working on trying to get a poster/ cover photo. but yeahh, more chapters to come woo, btw I would put stuff in italics but cant bc idk how LOL OK BYEE :)))))