Chapter 2: Meeting Them

Days after Hani and her grandmother settled into their new home, it was time for her to start school. It was 2nd semester of her 3rd grade year and she was extremely nervous. She woke up earlier than usual and got dressed. Her grandmother couldn't drop her off so she set off on her own, her tiny feet leading the way.

*Hani's POV*

I'm so nervous. New school, new life, and new country. I sighed as I made my way to the grade school. The front gates looked intimidating but I walked in earning a few stares. Of course they would stare, it's not every day you see a foreigner in your school. I found my way to my class just as the bell rang.  the teacher gestured me next to her as I walked in. She seems like a nice lady. I read her name tag, "Miss Choi". The students took their seats leaving only me and the teacher standing.

She cleared her throat, "Class we have a new student from America with us, please welcome her."

I took a deep breath and put on my emotionless face once again, "Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Lee Ha Ni, please take care of me." I greeted in Korean as I bowed.

"You may take the empty seat next to Jungkook." The teacher pointed at an empty seat in the back row next to a black haired boy. I made my way to the desk and settled myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to my left to see a smiling boy.

"My name's Jungkook, nice to meet you. Hope we can be friends." The boy said with a genuine smile. His smile reminds me of a bunny. But his words echoed in my head, "Friends." I never had any. But I shouldn't make any. They'll leave. Just like my parents. I didn't want to be rude so I just nodded my head and turned my attention back towards the teacher.

The school day finally ended and I left immediately. Just as I got through the gates I heard someone calling my name. I turned around only to find a smiling Jungkook waving and running towards me.

" Are you doing anything today?" He asked and I nodded "No" in response.

"Then let's go!" He said as he took my hand and ran off with me struggling to keep up behind him. We ended up in a park and he marched with me still in his grip to a group of 6 boys.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook, how long does it take you to get here from school!" One of the boys said.

"Mian, but look I brought a friend." He replied. I choked on my spit hearing that disgusting word.

"WAHHH SHE'S SO PRETTY", another boy said while coming up to me. I bowed and introduced myself to the group. They bowed in return and stated their names.

"Kim Namjoon here" one said.

"Kim Seokjin, the oldest here."

"Yo, Jung Hoseok here."

"SWAGSWAGSWAG. I'm Min Yoongi."

"Park Jimin here."

"And I'm KIM TAEHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG TURN UP", The boy who complimented me earlier stated.

"Well since she's here why don't we all play together." Seokjin said.

"YEAHH" All of them said and nodded in agreement. Before I could protest, Jungkook took my hand with a smile and led me to the swings. Soon enough, the day was filled with playing, bonding, and something I have rarely done, smiling. I found myself smiling like an idiot playing with these guys and laughing at their lame jokes. As the sun began to set, I thought it was time to return home. I grabbed my things and told them I had to leave. The whined about It but eventually let me go. Before I left, I had something on my mind I needed to say.

"Thank you. For letting me smile today. Even if it's just a one time thing, thank you." I bowed 90 degrees and left. Just as I was about to cross the street, they called out to me.

"THIS ISN'T A ONE TIME THING. YOU'RE OUR FRIEND NOW. WE'LL BE SURE TO MAKE YOU SMILE MORE LEE HA NI." Jungkook shouted from the swings. I turned around with tears forming in my eyes as I saw their smiles. They were directing it at me. Lee Ha Ni I guess it's time to open up. I smiled a big and real smile as the tears came out of my eyes. I headed home with kind thoughts.

" I have friends. I'm not alone anymore."

And that is how I met BTS.