5: Lucas: Demon Awaken

"Ouch," I groaned. "Mother, what's going on?"

"Your developing," she said. "Into a demon."

"Aren't I a demon already?" I winced as my mother clean the two cuts on my shoulder blade.

"Yes, but your powers are developing and your transformation," my father said."It shouldn't happen until your 18."

"Oh," yesterday at night. I started to develop. And this morning I woke up to two giant wings. Bat-like. But they went away, and now I have to long gashes on my back. I couldn't go to school today. I have been in bed all day. My parents don't even let Lance or Irene see me. They don't want me to hurt them accidentally. Not until I'm stable.

I sighed.

"It will be fine," my mother said. "I think you'll be able to go to school tomorrow."

"Good," I smile. "I don't want to miss another day of school. It's the beginning of school, and I already missed the second day."

"Just relax," my father said. "I'll go talk to your grandpa." He walked out. Once alone, my mother leaned down.

"While you were unconscious," she smiled. "You mumble some stuff."

"Like what?" I panic.

"Lance and Irene," she giggled. "Shawn won't like that."

"Mom, please don't tell him," I said. "They like each other. I don't understand why he won't let Irene date Lance."

"He's a troublemaker," mom said. "Besides it's only Shawn that doesn't like Lance, but Dulce is fine with him. And I can understand him. He doesn't want his daughter to get hurt. Lance is a bit irresponsible. He's just like Calvin."

"True," I smile. "But Lance does love Irene. Lance may flirt and all when Irene walks in the room. That's all he sees. He forgets about the other girls."

"Well, you all can't keep this secret," mom said. "Sooner or later, Shawn will find out. And it will be worse. So tell Lance and Irene to tell him. I'm sure we can all agree. Knowing Shawn, he'll want a ring on Irene."

"Well already told him," I said. "But you know how Lance is."

"Well I hope it all works out," my mom said. "There all bandage."

I sat up and tried my best not to arch my back. But it was uncomfortable.

"Mom, when I was born, did I came out with demon-like features?" I asked.

"Yes," she said. "But they went away. Your father said it doesn't matter if your human, that your demon blood with be stronger."

"So I can't be human?" My mother shook her head. "There hasn't been anyone who's human?"

"No," she said. "Why don't you want to be a demon?"

"Not that I don't want to," I said. "But I would like to be normal. To not have to worry about going all mad. What if I have a human girlfriend? I don't want to keep secrets."

"Oh I know," she sighed. "I found out your father was a demon, through a mirror."

"The mirror use to talk with grandma and grandpa?" She nodded. I chuckled. "Don't worry about it yet."

"Okay," I got up. Needed to stretch. "Lance hasn't changed?"

"Lance is human," mom said. I forgot.

"Is that why he can't see me?" I asked. "Why you didn't let him come into my room?"

"Yes," she said.

"And Irene?" I looked at her.

"She's half warlock," she said. "Lance may know about you all not being human. But it's still dangerous for him. He's human, so you can't put him in danger."

"I know," I sighed. "I'll be careful."

"Okay," she stood up. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything." I nod.

I decided to text Lance and Irene, just to let then know I'm all better. I later on texted Aine. She was happy that I was alright. I spend half an hour texting her. After that, I fell asleep. Only to be woken up by yelling. I groaned and got up.

I found the source. Dad was yelling at Alina. Alina was crying.

"Eh," she saw me and ran over hugging me. "Tell your father to not yell at me." She sniffles. "I'm innocent."

I looked at dad. He just shook his head.

"Alina, you are going back and helping that boy raise your baby," father said. "Why did you run?"

"Because I'm afraid," she said. "That my baby's father could hate me?"

"He won't hate you," dad said.

"He'll hate me," Alina sob. "Because I'm a demon. And he doesn't know that the child is a demon too. But I'm scared, and besides, he'll age and I won't."

"You can change that," dad said. "You know that."

"But I don't want him to see his family age," Alina looked away.

I felt terrible for my auntie. I wonder if dad went through that with mom. Right I forgot, mom isn't entirely human. She's a vampire. But for some odd reason, that part of her never came out. It's dormant. So it's why I'm half human. No vampire blood, even if mom is.

"Auntie, you should listen to my father," I said. "I'm the human will understand. He won't hate you. If he loves you that much, he will understand. And the baby is half demon; you can't just leave it alone. It will show its demon powers, someday."

"I know that, and I don't know if he loves me," Alina wiped her eyes. "It was just a one night stand. But I felt the love from him." She cried more. "I'm just afraid. Can't you accompany me?"

"I can't," I said. "I have school."

"I'll go," dad said. "And will go on the weekend."

"Thanks," she hugged dad.

My aunt can be childish. But I understand her. She's afraid. Who wouldn't be? I know for sure Aine, isn't human. But I'm scared of what she is and what if she hates demons? That's what I'm afraid of, her hating demons.

I went back upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed. I was about to lay down when my room went all white. A bright light appeared.

"Ah, the hell?" I stood. The light soon dim. "Huh?"

"Hello cousin," I frowned.

"Dad!" I yelled. My father rushed into my room.

"Ah," he glares. "Maximum, what are you doing here?"

"Visiting," Max said. "More like grandma and grandpa send me."

"Dad who is he?" I asked.

"Your cousin," dad said.

"But you don't have any more siblings?" I frowned.

"I know," dad said. "His related to my uncle, who I killed. I later found out; he had a son. But this son is locked away. He had a son, as well."

"Yeah," Max laughed. "My father escaped prison; it's why they send me here. Oh and my sister too. Where is she? Sandy!"

A girl appeared next to him. She green hair, and green eyes. Just like Max, except his hair was brown.

I didn't like this. This two look like troublesome.

Thier aura didn't seem right. I have a feeling that my life will be hell, with this two around. I hope they don't mess with my friends.

I'll need to be extra cautious. Don't want any trouble. I narrow my eyes at them. I'll keep an eye on them.

-----------------------

Oh, Max and Sandy will be troublesome. They'll be breaking hearts. And breaking rules.

Oh, and can anyone tell me what happened to Natalie, from the first book. Remember she dared Elise to knock on Luke door. I forgot what happened to her. Just so that I can give her a small spotlight.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Saya