Chapter Five

Once again, Luke didn't show up at school. Was this my fault? I wasn't sure. After two weeks of him not showing up, I decided to visit his house. "Luke?" I called, walking up the stairs. I heard muffled noises, then yelling. "Who's here, huh?! Want me to show them how worthless you are?" A voice said. It sounded familiar...like his father. Before I could exit the house, he ran down the stairs and grabbed me by the hair. "Let me go!" I screamed,  hitting him in the stomach. He was too strong, and carried me upstairs only to throw me against the bed where Luke was.

"Pamela....what are you doing here?" Luke asked, his voice barely above a whisper. I looked at Luke, his eye swollen shut, a gash on the side of his arm, and bruises all over his face and stomach. "Oh my gosh....why are doing this?" I turned towards his father who was busy drinking away. "He needs to be taught a lesson for trying to run away from his family. Isn't that right, son?" He replied. Walking over to us, he ruffled our hair and then stared at me with hungry eyes. My phone was in my back pocket; maybe I could call the police. I grabbed it and kicked Luke's dad in a place that wouldn't be so good to be kicked.

He hunched over in pain and fell on the ground. I immediately called the police and in a short time they came. "You think some little police officers will stop me? No no, darling. Sometimes people make the wrong decisions." He pulled out a gun, and I screamed. Luke was in and out of consciousness, and I was frozen in fear. Th  police barged through the door and tackled him before he could shoot. I stared at Luke the entire time, to afraid to look at my almost-murderer. Luke smiled weakly and stared down at his dad. "Bye bye," he chuckled before becoming unconscious.

~*~

It was no longer foreign to be in a hospital, seeing as I was just there a month ago. Luke and I were a room apart, so I decided to visit him. I didn't expect him to heal this fast, but surprisingly he was sitting up in the hospital bed eating Fritos and watching SpongeBob. "Did you change the channel or did the remote stop working?" I joked. Luke looked up at me and smirked. "It looks like someone found a new fashion trend," he retorted while staring at my hospital gown. I rolled my eyes playfully and sat down on the side of his bed.

"You healed pretty fast." He sighed and responded, "Well they gave me about 5 injections of some sort of medicine that helps me heal faster, so I suppose." I stared at him for a good ten seconds. Before I knew it, he was closer to me than I had planned. "What are we doing...." I whispered as he closed his eyes. "Can we just try this?" He asked as his light breath filled my nostrils. I nodded and kissed him. I hated to sound cliché, but it was magical. Not like the bad boy who falls in love with the good girl. It was almost as if we had to kiss in order to get our past back.

"Allison..." Luke said under his breath as he stared at my lips. My mouth flipped into a smile as he said my name. My real name.

~*~

Luke came to school a few days later, but I stayed home for the first few hours. Mom was pissed, and I didn't know how to explain the memories Luke and I exchanged. "I just don't understand! You disappeared for days, and I couldn't even come to the hospital with you because of work! What do you want me to do, Pamela?!" Mom yelled. I flinched and sat in silence. "Mom...my name is Allison. Luke remembers me. His mom even remembers me! Why would you like even try to erase the past? What was so bad about it that you had to change my name?" I yelled. Mom sat there and a tear slid down her cheek. "Go to school." I stormed out of the room and ran to school.

Luke was waiting at my locker since it was lunch period. He smiled and waved at me. I waved back, but no smile appeared on my face. His dropped, and he walked over to me. "What's wrong? It was the kiss, wasn't it? Gah, I shouldn't have even-" I kissed him in the middle of his sentence, his cheeks warming. "I know the boy is supposed to ask...but will you be my boyfriend?" I questioned and held my breath. Luke nodded, and the pain that was vibrating through my body instantly went away. "Under one condition," he said.

"I'm calling you Allison."