Chapter Two

"I swear, mom! That boy looked exactly like Luke in my dream! He...just didn't act like it. But I know it has to be him," I said to my mom as she cleaned the dishes. Mom always tried to avoid this conversation, but I wouldn't let it slide this time. "Pammy, honey, so many people can look like this 'Luke' in your dream. Remember you thought that your cousin Johnny was Luke? You're just hallucinating," mom replied.

I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to my room. All of a sudden, my phone started ringing like crazy. Who could it be? I picked up my phone, and it was from an unknown number. I opened the messages anyway and started from the top.

+404-349-0025: Hey

Pick up ur phone Goody-Two Shoes

I just wanted to say sorry for 2day

Are u ignoring me? God I shouldn't have even bothrd u

Bye.....oh btw im Luke

Immediately, I replied with an "Oh" and waited for him to reply. It took a few minutes, but Luke replied with a "Hey", and I sat there on my spinning chair. Finally I typed:

Pam: How did you get my number?

+404-349-0025: Easy, i ask a buncha ppl

Pam: Oh. Well I accept your apology, Luke.

+404-349-0025: K. Why r u typin so proper?

Pam: Because I actually know how to use correct grammsr

Grammar**

I rolled my eyes, knowing that Luke was going to say something smart about my grammar error.

+404-349-0025: yeah, u got so much grammar skills that u don't even know how to spell the word

Pam: Oh shut up. Anyways, I have to go to the library to do my homework for Mrs. Gordon's science class.

+404-394-0025: oh shoot I gotta do that. Mind if I come to the library with u 2?

I hesitated, but typed yes and left within five minutes. I put my hair up in a messy bun and changed from a tacky outfit to a loose fitted shirt and some shorts. I kept on the same flip flops, and walked out the door with my phone and my backpack. "Mom, I'm going to the library!" I yelled from the garage. Mom replied, "Alright, sweetie! Can you stop by Family Dollar and get some snacks? We have some special people coming over this evening, so make it fancy. And be home by 5:35!"

I nodded and opened the garage. It made a clanking noise as the rusted wires moved the heavy door up. I jogged out into the bright sun, squinting my eyes as I walked across the street. The library was a few blocks away, so I was sure that I would get there before Luke would. I entered the small lobby and greeted the security guard at the door. "Hello, Pamela. Are you coming back for the sixth time this week?" the guard laughed. I smiled and walked past him.

I saw a familiar figure standing in front of the science and biology section of the library. Usually I'm the only one who goes over there, and Luke shouldn't be here yet. I walked to the section, and saw Luke smiling as he read an excerpt of a book about dolphins and sharks. I stood in front of him, waiting for him to unglue his eyes from the book. I snapped my fingers loud enough to scare him. He jumped a bit, and frowned as he put the book back on the shelf.

"What do you want," he sighed. I rolled my eyes and replied, "Do you not remember you asking me to meet up at the library? Oh, I keep forgetting that someone as dumb as you would forget so quickly. Anyways, how did you get here before me?" Luke chuckled his adorable chuckle--wait, what? Well, he chuckled and told me to wait until 5:30. 5:30? That's inconveniently too close to 5:35. I ignored that, and we began studying. I laughed at the jokes he tried to make, and he blushed at my laughs. Did he...like me? No, impossible. But if he didn't like me, he wouldn't try to find out my phone number, and he wouldn't talk about waiting until 5:30. Maybe he's the special person coming over.