Chapter Twenty Four

I was greeted by nothing but green as Edward showed me into his hideout. Green sofas, green wallpaper...anyone would be forgiven in thinking that his favourite colour was green. I laughed softly to myself as I placed my bags down (the only clothes I had managed to grab in the hurry) and looked around, assessing my new living conditions. It was nicer than the asylum by far.

"Well, as you are my guest here I have reserved you the nicest room' Edward smiled, his hand lifting from his cane to point at the door on the right of him. It was an ordinary door, some might glance by it without a second thought, but I noticed a small indent underneath the doorknob.

I walked over and with gentle fingertips, moved my hands over the indent. It almost looked like it had been keyed into the wood and of course, almost resembled a question mark. I slowly pushed on the door and an immense feeling of dread rushed through my body from head to toe. I was not safe here, no matter how much Edward tried to protect me.

"Edward?" I looked back at him, whispering. "Will I be safe here? Who knows this is where you live?"

"Nobody, I swear. And if they do, they've not made it a well known fact." He replied, confident.

"That doesn't fill me with hope, Edward. There was a reason you were in that asylum" I replied, looking around the 'nicest room'. It left a lot to be desired, but at this point I was not used to 5 star comfort. There was a double bed which I glanced across, looking back at Edward as my eyes met his. "I am assuming you have your own room?"

He winked, and smiled at me. "I do, but I don't mind sharing."