Chapter Twenty

The way the table was sat out wasn't the best of ideas. The Joker sat head of the table (he threatened us otherwise) and Harley by his side, then the rest of us sat in random places. I happened, so coincidently, to be sat opposite Jonathan. Great. At least we didn't burn the dinner, we'd refused to let Joker look at it because, you know what he says, 'Everything burns'.

"This Christmas is going to be so perfect" Harley smiled, helping me out the large plates and platters of food into the middle of the long table. I set out everyone's individual plates and we decided that help yourself would be the easiest option for a dinner with so many guests.

"I guess. That's if I don't dig this knife straight into Jonathan's chest multiple times" I sighed, messing with the large carving knife.

"Please get along for just one day" she pleaded.

"Fine" I sighed. "I'll try but I can't promise anything"

"That means a lot, Kristie, thank you" she smiled, calling everyone down for dinner. "This really is going to be so perfect! Selina is coming over, so is Oswald, and even Jervis and Talia and Bane"

"Sounds good, I just wish I could be with my family" I sighed. "Not like they'll miss their heavily pregnant daughter who was such a bad fiancé that her partner left"

"Kristie they don't mean that. Now come on" she smiled as everyone took their seats. I sat down in mine, carefully holding my belly as I did. I watched the knife and began to twirl it in my fingers as Jonathan took he seat opposite me. He gulped when he saw me twirling the shiny blade.

The plates of food were sent around and, me not being that hungry, took a small helping of each different vegetable and some potatoes. Harvey mumbled to himself and began to carve the turkey, which was the handed around like the other food. Harley and Joker began talking to each other but Jonathan and I sat in complete silence.

I stabbed at my food over and over with the large knife, watching Jonathan flinch with every slice the food took. I knew that I was imagining stabbing him, and he knew that as well. He should consider himself very lucky, if it wasn't for my lack of mobility at the moment things may have got a little bloody. Yet he continued to flinch.

"The food's nice" he swallowed, fixing his glasses. Harley smiled and giggled softly.

"Thanks. Kristie and I spent all morning preparing and cooking it" she smiled proudly. Considering all she did was put the turkey in the oven, and I did the rest, she liked to take the credit for it. I guess he made her like that, made her over-confident.

Jonathan glanced at me from behind his glasses as he ate, his portion as small as my own. No wonder he was so skinny. I avoided his gaze and finished my own Christmas Dinner, to which he sighed. "Look, Kristie. I've apologised a thousand and one times. I love you so much"

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have been making out with Ivy. Don't pretend that you care all of a sudden" I replied coldly, taking a sip of my water. There was a large shooting pain down my stomach and I screamed front the shear pain of it. The room fell silent and the pain shot again.

"Kristie, I think you might be in labour. Shit. We need to get you in another room" Harley shook, standing me up. I screamed and sobbed as my waters broke, and they helped me into another room. Joker kicked the door shut behind us and Harleysat me down against the wall, as I screamed again. Jonathan took one look at me and fainted.

"Get her some warm towels, blankets, a cold flannel and some painkillers. Anything" Selina shook, encoding to Harley. Harley nodded and ran out of the room. I couldn't do anything but cry. The pain was excruciating. Jonathan was out cold on the floor, which was no help.

Edward walked into the room and knelt beside me, taking my hand. "It hurts so much" I sobbed, gripping his hand. "It feels like someone is cutting me apart from the inside out and it's so painful!"

"Look Kristie you need to stay calm" he shook, trying to keep me from getting stressed. But it wasn't helping.

"I AM CALM!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, punching him. I blinked through tears as he fell unconscious. "Oh god! Edward I'm so sorry!"

Harley ran back in with a pile of warmed up towels and blankets and held the cold flannel to my face. With the two guys now incapacitated, Harley shook and grabbed Joker. He looked at her confused. "What?"

"Seeing as you're not afraid of blood, you're going…you're going to have to deliver the baby" she shook. He blinked. "Please Mista J"

"Fine" he groaned, sitting in front of me. "Now Kristie, you're going to have to push when I say otherwise it's just going to get worse"

"I CAN'T, it hurts" I sobbed as blood started to cover my shirt and track suit bottoms. I felt myself getting weaker and weaker and everyone's voices were just muffled whispers.

"Kristie, push! Please!" he screamed at me. With a deep breath, and tears rolling down my cheeks, I pushed with all my force. Screaming as I did so. It hurt even worse and Harley held the cold flannel to my head.

"I can see the head, Kristie. I need you to do one long, hard push" He shook. He really didn't know what he was doing, but he was improvising. I took a big deep breath in an gripping the carpet, screamed and pushed. I couldn't take it anymore, I just couldn't. Then, with sweat beaded on my forehead, I heard crying. Harley cut the cord and cleaned the crying baby with a towel before wrapping it in a blanket.

"It's a boy" she smiled, handing him to me carefully. I sniffed and smiled. A little boy born on Christmas Day.

"Logan Scott" I smiled. "Logan Scott Crane"