The birthday gift that changed my life

Danny's pov

I know I left when my kids were young and they probably don't remember me, but I have to go back to my country Gardenia.My brother had stared a war and my people were in danger.My parents couldn't stop the war by themselves.I had leave my family it was to dangerous for them.I told Hannah I would be back when the war ended.I never stopped thinking about them.Now that Mady is sixteen she's queen as well as her mother.

Mady's pov

I couldn't believe he was back.I've really missed him.I never knew why he left.But he was about to tell me.He better have a pretty good reason for leaving.

"Daddy?" Was the only thing I could say

"It's me sweetheart" he said with tears in his eyes.

And with that I jump into he's arm just like my mom did just a minute ago.

"Daddy I missed you"I said with tear in my eyes now.

"Dad?"Jake ask come out from beside mom and me.

"Daddy!" Marry screamed and run up to dad hugging his leg.

"Why did you leave,and why did it take you so long to come home?" I ask tears streaming from my eyes.

"I'll answer all you questions ,but can I come in first?" Dad asked as he pick up Marry.

"Oh umm yeah come in" mom said snapping but to reality.

"Well you see the was a war in our country Gardenia that my brother started" dad said before I cut him off.

"What do you mean OUR country?" I asked confused

"Well I'm the king of Gardenia and your mother married me so she the queen your brother and sister are prince and princess of our country and since you sixteen your now queen" he explained smiling at me.

"I-I'm q-queen?" I asked not believe what I just heard

"Yes sweety" he said

"Wait wait wait there was a war,why?"Jake asked

"My brother,well you uncle wanted to be king but he's very evil and you grandparents didn't want him to rule the kingdom,so he started a war.Your grandparents were to sick to stop the war and save our people.You all would have came with me but it was just to dangerous.I would have been back sooner but the war lasted longer then I thought"dad said explaining everything and answering all our questions.