The birthday gift that changed my life

Mady's pov

I should stop staring and probably close my mouth I think I mite be drooling.Why is he just staring at me,it's freaking me out.

"Who are you?" I asked breaking the silence.After that he seemed to come back to earth.

"I'm sorry it's just your so beautiful.I'm Mark." He said with a soft smile. Did he just say I'm beautiful.I blushed at the thought.

"Thank you,and I'm Mady." I said with a smile.Dad said I should smile at everyone I meet,so why not start now.

"I know who you are ,I mean the whole country knows who you are your the next queen." Mark said with a chuckle that made me blush again.

"Oh" was all I could say.I've only been here a few hours and everyone knows me,that's amazing.

"Umm do you want me to show you around?"Mark said while look at the floor,and is he blushing?Why is he bushing?

"Yeah, I was afraid I was going to get lost trying to find my way around." I said as I got up and walk over to him.

"We wouldn't want that to happen, now would we princess?" He said while opening the door for me.

"Ladies first." He's so cute.

"Why thank you" I said while giggling.

As we where walking down the long hallway,he put his arm around my waist.For some reason I got butterflies and my hands got all sweaty.

"I hope you don't mind me doing this.Its just that I ...kinda...umm just" Mark said trailing off.

"It's ok I don't mind." I said with a smile,he just blushed and look away.

"Princess may I ask were your going?"one of the maids asked.

"Mark is showing me around." I said kindly.

"Oh well that's sweet,and by the way my name is Megan."she said with a smile.

She looked like she was in her late 40's she had blonde hair that stopped at her back,she had pretty sea blue eyes.She was really pretty.

"Oh I almost forgot, prince Mark your parents would like to know if you're staying here for dinner?" Megan asked

I didn't know Mark was a prince.Why did he tell me.

"Yes,but only if that's ok with Mady." Marks said looking at me.

"Yeah you can stay for dinner."I told him

"Very well then,I'll inform you parents that you're staying."Megan said nicely before walking away.

As we were walking I couldn't held but be amazed by all the art all around the castle.There were countless amounts of beautiful paintings and baby Cupids marble carvings everywhere.

"They're beautiful right?" Mark asked snapping my out of my own thoughts.

"What?" I asked confused

He chuckled understanding I was consumed in my thoughts.

"The art it's beautiful right?" He asked

"Oh yeah they really are."I said as I continued to look around, they're absolutely amazing with all of the detail they all have.

"All of the painting and carving were hand made and painted centuries ago." Mark said before stoping at a door.

"Why did we stop?" I asked

"There's something you need to see" he said with a big smile.

He opened the door and when we walked in I was amazed by all of the painting,but these weren't the same as the ones in the hall these were painting were of people.Why did Mark think I needed to see this? I don't even know who these people are.