Chapter 19

"Mia!" I heard Roman as he entered the apartment. He had dropped Randy and Kim off at the airport.

"In here..." I knew Roman was going to be mad but I think my week of disconnection from reality, well besides Nikki of course, helped me clear my mind.

I had to stop sinking down further regardless of everything that happened. I had all these people in my life and me breaking down would affect all of them, so if Aaron decided to pitch again I would deal with him but I wouldn't let it crush me. I was stronger than back then or at least I hoped I was now...

"Mi..Woah..."

I was wearing a tight black boobtube dress that clung to every curve of my body. He entered the kitchen and I moved to him.

"I know you're probably seriously mad at me and..."

I was cut off as I felt his lips connect to mine, I felt his tongue press against my lips and parted my lips and the kiss immediately deepened. I gripped his shoulders as I needed him closer and he pushed me against the counter and pressed his body against mine.

He held onto my waist tightly and groaned into my lips and broke the kiss. "Walking in here and first thing I see is candles everywhere and you're... Did I miss something?"

"I... I have been pretty off lately and you have tried your best to cope with me even when you shouldn't have and well Nikki came over in the week. She was off and she said that our off day had meant so much to you and I wasn't exactly sure why..." he sighed as he realized what I was about to say.
"She told you.. You were in that hospital bed on Valentine's day and that is technically the day we first officially got together, well not officially, but you get what I mean. It was our Anniversary and since everything has been so hectic I was planning on surprising you yeah... and she shouldn't have told you!" he shook his head.

"I'm glad she did though hence all this.."

I smiled, "and well its an apology for being M.I.A all week" I sighed.

"I'm not mad baby girl well not at you anyway. I was just seriously worried because you didn't pitch at work or anything."
"Can we first eat ? I'm sure you're hungry " I smiled and he nodded as we headed into the lounge as the candles filled the room.

" I'm glad she was here to keep you company. I just wish she had told me. I just wanted this week to end so I could spend my Saturday night with you before tomorrow"
"I cant believe its almost been two years that we have been together..." I thought aloud and he smiled.

"You spent half of it away from me that's why I cant wait for you to get on the road from this week onwards so that I have more time with you!" he set his wine glass down.
"I'm just happy I didn't have any side effects. When I went for one of my check-ups, the doctor said I was lucky as many people who have cases similar to mine often end up with amnesia but yet I remembered everything instantly."

"Which I am grateful for, but then again how could you ever forget your Tarzan?" he smirked as he leaned closer.

"Well I haven't exactly experienced Tarzan in awhile, maybe that could lead to some forgetting" I shrugged.

"Mia MacKenzie McMahon! Is this all a plan to seduce innocent Joe?" he asked shocked as he held onto my waist and pulled me to him.

"That depends, is Joe willing to be seduced?" I whispered into his lips and I saw a huge grin form across his face.

"Always"

He smashed his lips hard against mine and pulled me onto his lap which caused my dress to bunch up as I straddled him.

I bit his lip hard and he groaned and explored my mouth with his tongue, roughly. I felt his hands grip my thighs and his fingers dig into me hard which caused me to moan into his lips.