Chapter 32

“Mia are you okay? You’ve been quiet the whole flight…”

I heard Jenna whisper in my ear as we walked up to the holiday house.

We were in Bora Bora for my birthday, which was Saturday, Brie figured it would be nice if we flew in a couple of days earlier.

The guys would be flying in the next night which would be Friday.

“I have a major headache. I just need to sleep” she nodded and walked on.

Ever since Monday I have been off. I isolated myself yet again which caused Nikki to pitch up at my door to make me presentable before our flight and to bite my head off for not speaking to Roman.

“I brought some sleeping tablets with for you to get you through the night” Nikki side hugged me as we walked in and I smiled.

“Thanks babe have you heard from Roman?”

“Yeah he said he would be here tomorrow..”

“At least I’ll have a day before he comes, technically, I just hate fighting with him”

“Its your birthday weekend he wont I don't understand why you couldn't just pick up the phone. I know the landline works, Mia I don’t know whats going on but please just … this is your weekend for you to forget about everything and enjoy yourself okay?”

I nodded as I headed into mine and Roman’s room we would be sharing. I took a quick shower and put on my panties with a long sleeve baggy sweater just in case one of the girls came in to check on me then my marks would be hidden.

The bruises on my ribs were fading but the one on my arm was still visible and that was the injury I couldn't explain so I had to keep it hidden.

2006

“mom are you home? Of course you're not I don’t know why I even bother asking” I threw my bag on my bedroom floor.

“She’s not here…But I am”

I heard his voice and turned, it was my mom’s boyfriend. I had always made sure to lock my bedroom door whenever he would be around but that was usually when my mom was home.

“Where is she?” I turned to face him and realized he had closed my door.

“She went to get groceries for me to eat which should give me enough time”

I didn’t understand what he was saying, as he moved closer to me I soon did, before I could run he grabbed my arms and threw me to the floor.

“Enough for you to be all mine!” He climbed on top of me and pinned me to the floor.

“Let me go!!!” I brought my knee up and he groaned and I raced out the door.

“Let me fucking go!!!” I screamed out and as I opened my eyes I saw Roman staring back at me.

He let go of me as soon as he saw my eyes open.

“What the hell Mia..” he groaned as his lip was busted open.

I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, slammed the door behind me and began throwing up.

I couldn’t deal with all those images flashing in my mind, I had forgotten it for so long and everything was coming back and I could feel myself drifting back to who I was.