CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

The next morning I woke feel well rested and energized. Logan was still asleep laying next to me so I tiptoed to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. It felt so nice to have the clean water run through my hair, and I started to sing.

"Having fun in there?" I heard the heavy footsteps of Logan's feet.

I peaked my head around the blue translucent glass blocking from seeing into the shower. "Will you hand me a towel I forgot to grab one, but close your eyes I don't want you looking!"

He laughed and went to grab the towel closing his eyes he started walking towards the shower bumping into multiple things on the way making me laugh. After a long while he made it over and handed me the towel. I wrapped it around me and stepped out of the shower while Logan opened his eyes.

"Are you happy? I got a booboo on my shoulder." He put on a pouty face and started to fake cry.

"Aw you poor baby! Do you want me to kiss it better?" I said in the biggest baby voice I could pull off.

"Yes, yes I do." I walked over to his still shirtless body and kiss his shoulder. "You should get dressed before I can't keep my hands off you anymore."

"Ok. You should get a shower, we have school today. Oh! What are you going to wear?" I said looking out from my closet door.

"I'm going to do what all magic people do and poof some clothes here." He laughed and stated to get into the shower so I went in the closet to avoid seeing something I shouldn't.

I put oh a jean skirt, black tights, and a white sweater with a hood hoping that it wouldn't be fashionable enough for me to get noticed. Sliding on my knee high black boots, I went to brush my hair. When I walked out of the bathroom I found Logan dressed in different clothing than before. He was wearing regular jeans and a blue plaid button down shirt.

"Come on let's get to school." I said in an unenthusiastic tone.

"Ok but I'm driving!" He said starting to run down the stairs as I ran after him.

*********

We pulled up to school in Logan's electric blue mustang convertible. Everybody in the parking lot was watching and when they saw me in the car with him, their mouths dropped to the floor and they started to whisper to the person next to them.

Putting my hood up self-consciously I looked over to Logan and said "Why are they all staring at me?"

"Because your with me, I'm the new hot kid in school and so are you. I've been asked out six times already. Why did you put your hood up? You know I like when it's down and it shows off how pretty you are."

"I told you I don't want to be noticed because then they might try and be friends with me and then I might hurt someone else. It makes me sick thinking about it. I don't know if I'd be able to live with knowing I hurt someone else." I couldn't look at him so instead I looked and my clasp fingers.

Logan put his fingers under my chin and forced me to face him. I avoided his eyes and he said "Hey, look at me. I promise you will not hurt anyone, not while I'm here. You can't be afraid of getting to know people, and if it makes you feel better I'll teach you how to use your gifts and how to control them. I will take care of you even if it's the death of me. Can you trust that? Can you trust me?" I nodded and Logan put his forehead to mine and kissed my nose. "Good, now lets get you to class." He kissed my forehead and got out of the car coming around to open my door for me.

We started heading for the door hand in hand when he stopped me saying "Wait something isn't right." He grabbed my hood and pulled it off my head and then brushed his fingers through my hair. "Much better."

We walked to his locker, then mine. I got my books for my first period class and then we started heading in that direction. How did I get so lucky? I have a great boyfriend who walks me to class and makes me feel good about myself and safe. So what if someone tried to kill me? I will probably never see her again... but of course I had spoken too soon.

Stopping dead in my tracks I stared down the hall, horror clear on my face. Logan looked back at me and the look on his face instantly became a look of concern.

"What's wrong?" When I didn't answer he took my face in both his hands and said "Aliya look at me. Tell me what's wrong!"

"Look." Was all I could manage to get out. He turned and instantly understood the look on my face.

"Shit!" He took his arm and wrapped it around my waist and whispered in my ear "Act normal. She can't do anything here and I'm here so she won't get to you. Just keep walking we are almost to your classroom."

I nodded and continued walking with my head down. We were just about to turn into the classroom when we bumped into someone. Standing in front of me was Lilia with a smile on her face.

"Why hello Aliya! What a surprise seeing you here!" She had a high, preppy voice making her sound fake.

"What the hell do you want Lilia?" Logan said and even though he was trying to keep the viciousness out of his tone, he failed.

"Nothing! I'm just trying to be friendly that's all! Now can't you be nice to the new student?" She had on a venomous smile and she said "I think we have first period together Aliya. Please, after you." She said holding the door open and I thought to myself "Shit, I'm dead."