CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

"Aliya? Is that you? Is it really you?" His face changed from one of shock and confusion to one of joy and happiness.

"Hi, hi Jared. How are you?" I said in a weak voice because I could barely breathe. I walked over to the bed and sat on the bed next to him.

"Hon, why are you crying?" His hand came up and he wiped my tears with his thumb. I grabbed his hand and held it there while tears of joy and sadness escaped.

"I... I just missed you. How are you feeling?" I asked bringing his hand away from my face but still holding his hand.

"I'm fine. Why haven't you come to visit until now?" His eyes always got me because whenever he was sad, he looked like a puppy dog.

"I um... I thought you were...dead." I said while trying to not let my voice crack, but I failed.

"Oh, Hun that's horrible. What happened that night? I don't remember anything."

He doesn't remember? I can't tell him, I'll have to think of a lie. "You started to swerve off the road so when you tried to fix it, the car flipped and your side crashed into a tree. I was able to get out and I called 911. When you left in the ambulance, before they closed the door the paramedic said that you were loosing a lot of blood and that your heart was failing. That's why I thought you were dead and I had left for school before I could find out."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you're ok." He leaned in for a kiss but I turned my head so he got my cheek.

"Look Jared, we need to talk. You know I love you, but I can't be with you anymore. I live too far away and it's for your own good. I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you. I wouldn't blame you if you hate me. I hope you can forgive me." Even though I had on a straight face, the tears came anyways. Logan grabbed both my hands and held them in his. He put his forehead against mine and looked me in the eyes.

"Aliya, I could never hate you. I will always love you, and I understand. Hopefully we can still be friends."

"I would love that. Do you mind if I stay with you for the day? I have to head home tomorrow but I want to spend today with you."

"Yeah, that'd be nice."

*****
We spent the whole day in that room, sitting side by side. The whole day we talked and played games, even watched some tv. When visiting hours were over we said our goodbyes, I gave him a kiss on the forehead and told him to keep contact and get better. I left the hospital that night feeling at ease, now it was time to go deal with Logan.

When I got outside the hospital I took out my phone and checked it. The screen read 17 missed calls and they were all from Logan. I hit the redial button and he picked up after the first ring.

"Babe? Where are you? You weren't at school. Are you ok? Please tell me you're ok." His voice sounded frantic and I felt guilty for not telling him where I was going.

"I'm fine hun, calm down. I flew back to Montreal for the day to visit Jared, and I'm leaving the hospital now."

"I guess I should have known that. You scared me half to death. You're taking a cab right?"

"No, I decided to walk I figured fresh air would do me some good. Why, is there something wrong with that?"

He hesitated and then said, "Don't panic but Lilia wasn't at school today."

Before I could answer a dark figure came out of the shadows. "I think I found her."

"Why hello honey dear. I missed you so much I just couldn't wait till tomorrow to see you." As usual her voice was smug as could be.

"Aliya, don't move. I'll be there soon." And just like that Logan hung up the phone.

I shoved my phone deep into my back pocket and looked at her with a venomous glare. "What do you want Lilia?"

"I want you to go through what Jared went through. A slow excruciating pain, so I will torture you to get what I want. Hopefully, you won't be strong enough to handle it." And like that, her hands came up glowing.

At first nothing happened but then there was a loud snapping noise and pain shot through my entire leg. I fell to the concrete and a screamed escaped through my lips but I but my lower lip to keep it from escaping. Looking down at the injured leg, I saw blood pooling around it and feared how much blood I was loosing.

"Well aren't you a little tough girl. Don't worry I'll get you to scream, and cry out for Logan but he won't be here to save you this time."

Her hands came up again and she slammed them down and flashes of light that looked like whips came down. The first one hit right across my face starting from my eyebrow and going down along my cheek leaving a long bleeding cut. The next one came down across my abdomen making me hunch over and curl into a ball. The whole time I never let a scream escape my lips so she came over to me and bent down.

"You think you can stop yourself from screaming? Well you are so wrong, I'm just getting started." She slammed her foot down on my broken leg and I couldn't help but let out a bloodcurdling scream.

My vision was starting to blur so I did what I could. Both my hands came up, and without knowing what I was doing, they started to glow. Suddenly the pain had eased up and when I looked up I saw Lilia laying 100 ft away from me.

Suddenly there was a bright glow and an angel like person stepped out. When the light dimmed I saw Logan standing above me.

"Logan!" I said in just above a whisper. My head was spinning from all the blood I lost and there was excruciating pain all over.

Logan leaned over with a hidden look on his face. He slowly picked me up in a cradling position and I leaned my head against his chest.

"Shh. I'm here, no one can hurt you know." And then, everything went black.