four

*two months later*

third person pov;

Melanie got ready to go out with jack Johnson. she wore a black over sized hoodie, black leggings and her white Nike's. she ordered an uber to pick her up and take her and her soon to be father of her unborn son or daughter.

when they got to the clinic, jack signed the paperwork.

"Melanie Dallas?" the nurse called out

jack and Melanie both stood up and followed the brown haired nurse.

'hello Melanie. and you must be the baby's father, hi" jack gave her a welcoming smile. "alright miss, lay down here and lift your shirt up please." she did as told. the nurse put a jelly substance on Melanie's tummy and saw something unusual.

"sir, can you step out for a minute please." jack and Melanie looked at each other confused but he did as he was told.

"the last time you were here you were told you were having one baby, correct?"

"yes why?"

"well i hear two heartbeats."

the room was filled with silence

"we are going to run some tests. i'm sorry for the mix up'

Melanie nodded and the nurse walked her out. she saw jack in the waiting room and walked over. he could tell something was wrong, but waited until they got home to ask.

the car ride was filled with awkward silences. Melanie was terrified.she was scared of taking care of one kid but now, twins.t

the uber came to a stop at Cameron's, Aaron's and Melanie's house. Nash had moved out on him own, and Aaron moved in.

no one was home, so they sat down in the living room in quiet until jack spoke up.

"what did she say?"

"i-im having twins" she said not even looking up. she was disappointed in herself. jack just looked at her.

*week and a half passes*

Melanie had another doctors appointment today. she decided to go alone. jack knew she had the appointment to find out the results today, but he knew she needed space. she had told him from the last time they talked, that she would go to his house right after.

she walked into the room with the same brown haired nurse from the week before.

"nice to see you again. are you ready?"

Melanie nodded.

"well both of your babies have different dads. this is very uncommon, but it seems like this is the case. have you had any sexual intercourse with two different men lately?

she nodded

The nurse and Melanie talked for a while explaining. when they were done, the nurse handed her some papers that had even more information. 

she drove far away from the clinic. she had no idea where she was going. she just knew she needed to do something. 

about twenty minutes later, she found herself at her boyfriend's house

Matthew Espinosa.

she didn't even know if he was home. she got out of the car, and knocked on the door. a few moments later, Matt opened the door. "hi babe, i wasn't expecting you." she didn't say anything back. he had knew something was wrong. "whats wrong?"  she stayed silent. 

he invited her in, told him to sit on the couch, and held her and. "baby, if there is something wrong you can tell me."

"i don't love you anymore." lies. she loved him to death. he was her everything. but she needed an excuse to break up with him without him suspecting a thing. 

they both had tears in their eyes

"Matt, im breaking up with you. it doesn't have anything to do with you." she took a pause. "its my fault. this is all my fault im so sorry. "

"how is this your fault? you just don't" a tear dropped from his eye to his shorts. "love me"

"this will all make sense in a year or so" Matt couldn't ask more questions. he didn't even understand what she meant by that. 

shes gone.