Chapter 1

Amelia POV

"oi oi oi over here" frustratingly I shouted as I try to catch the attention of one of my handball team member. I'm in a clear space, away from the opposing teams eye, a perfect position to score. "Amelia" shouted Grace as she threw the ball towards my direction, using a over head pass. I jump to catch it and before I could defiantly touch the ground again, the ball had left the grip of my sweaty palms and was accelerating towards the goal post. "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" we all go into an intense uproar of triumph as at that moment the buzzer went for the end of the game; which meant that My team... oh yess my team, Fedaway City University were now the Walsham Borough champions. " Amelia, Amelia, Amelia, Amelia" the sounds of my team cheering my name blasts through the entire court as everyone starts to acknowledge how important I was in this victory.

After the celebrations we got changed and as I came out of the changing rooms I see this tall mixed race looking girl (or at least I thought it was a girl, I couldn't tell because of the way she dressed) casual leaning against the wall looking like one of them hot male Burberry models. As I was walking and analysing her I realised that she was also looking at me, an immediately we locked eyes with each other. I was looking into her eyes and she was looking into my eyes and for a while every thing seemed to stop, everything around me was blurred away and it was just me and her. I saw her bushy auburn curly hair packed back into a somewhat of a messy ponytail, her ocean blue eyes gazing deeply at me, her skin a light creamy caramel colour and I could just drown in it's sweetness. I start to feel butterflies start to flutter around in my stomach a sense of anxiety and nervousness came over me as my heart starts to race, I realise that I was blushing. Me Blush! No way I was dark skinned black girl blushing is not supposed to be in my vocabulary but yet here it is as I longingly gaze at this mysterious girl. As quickly as I fell in that unbeknown trance I cam out just as fast. Soon I found my self surprisingly hurtling to the ground at a speed faster than what I assumed was gravity's way of getting revenge for my jump, earlier on. While I stayed on the ground trying to figure out how I had ended up there I see her standing over looking like an angel "Hello, hey are you alright? are you hurt? Do you need help?" I lay there still dazed and confused but somehow managing to get up the next second all in a flurry "yes yes, I'm fine thank you" , " You sure that fall looked pretty nasty". I looked at her stunned that she would question whether I was ok or not, " Yes I am fine, and no I have had worse, I pretty tough I have the skin of a rhino" OH SHIT!!!! why had i just said that now she's gonna think I have bad skin " .... umm ...i mean like that fall didn't hurt me because.. umm. like ... my skin doesn't get...um bruised easily...yeh" Oh shit well done Amelia you have just made a right fool of your self "ha, a... lol, well lucky you and dont worry I know what you mean. My name is Darria, Darria Santos. I saw you playing earlier an that goal at the end was just wonderful" me still shocked and surprised from the fall and embarrassment of my words was even more shocked at the fact that someone so handsome(if you can say that about a girl)would ever compliment me, " ...um thanks and oh my names Amelia... Amelia Ikwenga, (realising I had just dropped my last name I had to change the subject quickly before I was asked to pronounce it) ohh soo do you play handball too?"

"oh me, no...well yes...but like for banter, I mean not for banter but like not seriously like you. I play basketball professionally though" my mind not knowing how I should react/respond to what she said, was over taken by my mouth that always knows how to respond. "oh I play basketball for bants to." at this point Darria started laughing as she realised what I had said. she was cue and had a nice swag and her smile was to die for, and all of a sudden those butterfly feelings came back. "lol your funny, do you have an Insta or what's app, like anything I can chat to you on" I nodded my head and proceeded to give her all my social medias from snapchat, Instagram, twitter, what's app and even my viber and kik messenger. (how I remembered that I don't know I might as well had given her my home address.) Darria called my number just so she could check I had given her the right one. after that she hugged me good bye and said "I'll talk to ya soon B." As she walked away it was then that I realised... id just been chirsped!!! like usually its by guys... and not even the buff guys usually by the uncles you see in Bengham Heathway (don't even ask), but now here I was just realising I was chirsped, but y would she chirsped me...unless... oh my gosh! I've been finally chirsped by another lesbian...and I fully enjoyed it. Happy and slightly bemused I make my way home.