5 The Death of A Sandwich

"Hey this is pretty good." Senit passed me the sandwich. Ham and cheddar cheese on a pretzel bun. Seems good, and it didn't cost too much. "Yeah," I said after taking a bite. "It's good I guess. How long do you think we'll have to wait for the master?"

     "Hmm, not sure. He won't abandon us I know that." Sighing, I took a sip out of my water bottle. I was still very confused about what master did to me. I mean why is my name tattooed on my hand, and exactly how am I supposed to be this so called shield? "Hey, what's wrong?"

     "What? Oh, nothing Senit. I was just thinking."

     "I told you he'll be back." His smile was so pretty. I feel that if I touched it my fingertips would burn. "Yeah, I know."

     "Hey, did you miss me?" I screamed and jumped off the bench. Senit's laughter somehow made me relax. Corvus scared me from the bushed. "Sigh, how cruel," I whispered. Corvus laughed, believe it or not, seemed like his mood has changed. "Cruel, quite the opposite. I was gone just for you Ame."

     "For me, why?" He pulled out a glass bottle with a glowing liquid inside. Shaking it gently he smirked slightly and threw it at me. "What is this?"

     "Your food."

     "My food," he nodded. "Chug it down, we have work to do." I am not one to defy my master so without further questions  I took a sip. Seems like Corvus has noticed I haven't been able to keep any food down. "Woah, this tastes incredible, what is this!?" I drank the rest down eagerly trying to get every last drop. "Best that you didn't know. Also, behind you."

     "What?" Slowly I turned to come face to face with a changed spirit. A black aura emitting from its body, the red eyes that stare into your soul, and the immense feeling of power coming from the spirit. I didn't have much time to react before it swung its black arm and slapped me out of the way with barely any effort. My back hit a brick wall and I slumped to the ground. "Ame!" Senit's concern reached me and stirred something inside. I opened my eyes and saw Corvus, still sitting calmly where he first scared me, and Senit starring at me with great concern. I also noticed the sandwich laying there tarnished with dirt from the ground. The changed spirit casually stepped on the sandwich and advanced towards Corvus. "Senit, come!" Light engulfed Senit's body and then shaped into a death scythe. Corvus swung it with ease. The battle began and Corvus had the upper hand. "Ame, shield!"

     "What, how?" I was still unsure how to become one or what to do. "Ame, obey!"

     "I don't know how!" Corvus stopped and starred at me with such passion. "Ame, feel it." The spirit grabbed and threw Corvus across the park and he landed in a fountain. "Master!"

     "Ame, get a hold of yourself!" I could hear Senit's thoughts. I don't understand, who am I, what do I do, why am I supposed to do it? Corvus pulled himself up and charged at the spirit. "Changed spirit, I am king and god, you are to be purified!" with a swift blow light came from the sprirt and he exploded into nothing. Corvus just stood there for a while, and I was in shock. Suddenly he threw Senit up in the sky and he came down as a human. He immediately ran over to me. "Amer, are you okay? Why wouldn't you become a shield?" No words were forming in my mind. I could only stare at Senit. "Ame," Corvus's voice scared me it was so stern. "We need to train or I am going to get rid of you."

     "What," my voice returned. "Come, we have lots of work to do." Senit grabbed my hand and gave me a warm smile. My heart did a weird flip, why? 

     "Aw, what a waste, poor sandwich." Senit sounded way too disappointed about a sandwich, but I followed him anyway.

-END

THE DEATH

OF A

SANDWICH-