8 Introducing king and gods-Corvus's Friends

We visited Corvus's temple. The king and god of the Angels of Death has a decent looking temple. Strange how most temples are supposed to be welcoming or white in color, but this temple is all black. It gives off an ominous feeling. Everything is dark and no trace of anything nice. "Why is it so, um, sad looking?" Corvus only glared at me in return. Senit dropped back from Corvus's side and stood by me. "It's supposed to look like this. All dark and gloomy. He is the ruler of the angels of death after all." Senit gave me a half smile as we continued walking up the steps towards the temple. "Make sure you don't touch anything." Corvus's voice was barely heard over the raindrops and thunder. Finally reaching the entrance, Corvus stopped and looked around the place in a weird manner. "What's wrong master," asked Senit. No response, except more quizzical looks. "Someone's here," was all Corvus had time to say before he was tackled to the ground by a blurry pink and purple figure. "Corvy, I missed you so much! How come you never returned?" A young girl dressed in a plain pink dress that was equipped with a purple scarf laid on top of Corvus and proceeded to shower him with kisses. I peeked over at Senit who looked just as shocked as I was. "Calm down Mercy," Corvus gently lifted the little girl into the air and flashed her one of his rare smiles. "Who are these people?" She ran up to me and stared at me full on with great curiosity behind her grey eyes. "That's Ame, my shield. And that man is Senitm my apon. They are welcomed here."

     "Oh, okay. Nice to meet you!" Her energy was too much and her bright shinning face overwhelmed me with a feeling of ease and trust. She looked very young, maybe six or seven. Despite her sunshine-like personality she looked sickly after a second look. Her hazel colored hair was in the form of a buzz cut and she was very pale. "Come on, I'll show you inside," she took my hand and pulled me along. "By the way Corvy, you have some quests waiting for you."

     "Guests?"

     "Yup, your friends." Mercy pushed the door open and inside, sitting around a small table, was the weirdest people I've ever seen. Four very impatient looking people, if you could call them that, all looked up simultaneously and smiled at the sight of Corvus. "Ah, he has returned," said one of the people at the table. They were bizarre for sure. Two of them were male and their skin was a greenish blue. They looked exactly alike. They had scales on their skin and fins. Their hair was white and long. The other two were females. One was dressed quite scandalously. In nothing but black short shorts and a black bra. Her skin was normal color but her eyes were redder than any blood spilled. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and odd jewels decorated the sides of her face. The last woman was by far the weirdest. She had piercings all over her body. I could hardly tell what color her skin. The only pretty thing I saw was her deep purple eyes. I've never seen anything like this group before. "Oh, um, why are you guys here?"

     "That's how you great us?" questioned the one dressed scandalously. "We have been waiting for you to return for so long."

     "Mercy why did you let them in?"

     "Ah! How dare you! We are your friends," the two guys said at the same time. "We came to bring you news. The council wants to see you." It was too much going on at once. Who are these people and what's with this council? "Oh, what did I do now?" The one with the piercings spoke up. "It's not what you did, but what you're going to do." She stood up and pointed to me. "You will sacrifice your life for her."

     "What Ame, why would I do that?"

     "Because she holds secrets, right dead?" I turned towards her with a confused look. "What?"

     "Hey, who is that boy right next to you?" asked Senit. Sitting between the two scaly creatures was a simply looking human boy. "Oh him," they said together. "We can explain that."

-END INTRODUCING

KINGS AND GODS- 

CORVUS'S FRIENDS-