16

Michael's POV

I slowly slipped out of my bed, seeing that Arden was now asleep. She insisted that I just go with the boys, but I needed to make sure that she fell asleep before people started coming over.

I went back downstairs where the boys and Feldy were setting stuff up, "She asleep?" Luke asked.

I nodded, "Out like a light."

I helped the boys to put the rest of the food and drinks out and Feldy helped to get our speakers set up around the house. Ash had created a playlist last night of songs to play and we had that ready to go for when people started to show up.

It didn't take long for people to start arriving though. It was about 9 and our doorbell just kept ringing, each time bringing another set of friends.

By 10, the party was in full swing and we were all just talking and having a good time. The music was playing and people were spread out in the kitchen, living room, and all across our back yard.

It was pretty relaxed despite all of the people. A little loud from all of the talking and laughing, but I didn't think anything of it.

I stood with Brian Dales and a few guys and girls that were just friends of a friend. We talked about music and albums that we had really been enjoying recently.

Suddenly, I heard a splash from the pool and saw a few guys pushing each other in. I couldn't help but laugh. I was just in a really great mood. It felt nice to just hang out and relax for a bit.

-

About an hour and a half later, the party was still going and we definitely weren't complaining. I still stood in a circle with the same people, but we had grabbed food and were now telling funny stories to each other.

I took a sip of my drink and let my eyes wander for a second when I see Arden walking across the grass barefoot, in her nightgown, and with her bunny in hand.

Arden's POV

I woke up from my nightmare with a scream and it quickly turned into sobs. I looked around the room, Mikey was gone. I heard loud music coming from downstairs and a lot of people talking. I was confused and I was scared so I just continued to cry.

After about 5 minutes, I realized nobody was coming. I wanted Michael. I know I had been trying to be good and not need help after nightmares but I needed him.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks, still sniffling and hiccuping a little bit before grabbing Elliot and sliding off the bed. I slowly opened the door and immediately the noise got louder. I was so confused, what was going on?

I made my way down the stairs and my eyes widened at how many people were in our house. I didn't recognize any of them and I was starting to get scared. Any of the boys would have been great to find at this point.

I made it to the bottom of the stairs and started to walk past people. Everyone was way taller than me so they didn't even notice me and I found myself having to look up to try and find Michael.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I continued to push past people but I fought the tears away, trying to just focus on finding Michael. I couldn't see anyone with blue hair in the living room but I saw that the door to the backyard was open and walked through there. There were a lot of people out here too but at least they were more spread out.

My eyes scanned over all of the people until I finally spotted him. I slowly walked across the grass barefooted. He didn't notice me at first but his eyes finally met mine when I was closer.