CHAPTER 1 INDEPENDENCE DAY

CHAPTER 1

INDEPENDENCE DAY

It was fourth of July , Thursday , Independence Day. Every apartments and houses put some flags at their windows and doors , even shops , cars and some beggars walking around. Parades held at every corner of the streets; families at the park , childrens laughing , mens in suit trying not to be late at their works , and olds spent their time at coffee shops playing some board games. Others threw up parties to celebrate the day of thier independence but some families went to cemeteries to visit their loved ones who died for their country.

For Amanda , Independence Day was for her father , a great soldier and also a great father who she truly loved, her father died three months ago while in a war.

That day, she woke up , yawning , walking around her room thinking what she's going to do. She went downstairs to the kitchen with her eyes a little closed , she cooked some eggs and pancakes for her breakfast.

While she was eating , the phone rang and it was her mother who is calling , her mother told her that she will not be home for two months because of her work schedule out of town.

After their conversation on the phone , she took a deep breath and said, " Alone again...", and she sighed. She walked through their turn table and played some song.

She washed the dishes and went upstairs to clean her room. She picked up her laundries and packed her bag and put all the things she's going to use that day. She went at the back of their house to get her bike and rode it all the way to the laundry shop.

The wind blew her hair as she whistled happily for that beautiful sunny day. Every people that she have saw that day has a painted smile at their faces , she never expect that day to be special to those people. She just stopped for a minute to get her headset in her bag, plugged it on her phone and she listened to her favorite songs , 'til she got there at the laundry shop.

While she was waiting for her laundries to get cleaned , she went at the coffee shop next the street. She bought some coffee and went again to the laundry shop to wait for her clothes to be washed.

After her clothes get cleaned , she rode her bike and went to a park. She just walked with her bike and choose some place where she can stay for awhile. She have sat to a bench and placed her bag beside her. She was smiling while watching all the kids playing at the park with their family. She unzipped her bag and took a picture from her book. It was her picture with her father when she was fifteen.

While she's looking at the picture , a bee flew around her and that thing caught her attention. The bee landed in a white flower with spreaded-petals, she was amazed with the beauty of the flower that she have never seen before. She put the picture back to the book and she stood towards the flower. The bee flew away as she touched the flower and she looked around. When she noticed that there's no one looking at her , she picked up quickly the flower and put it in her bike's front basket and she went home.

She quickly put the flower in a vase and poured some water on it. She stared to the flower like she's still amused of it's beauty , and she remembered her father and said:

"I'm going to put you beside my father's tomb tomorrow , for sure , he will be happy too."

And she picked up her clean clothes upstairs and put it inside her cabinet. After arranging her clothes , she prepared her own dinner , took a shower , and went in her bed to sleep.