Adolescence

When I was about 5 years old, my mom had my little brother, Dennis. When Dennis was first born, I loved him to death. I had never seen anything so small before. I just wanted to hold him 24/7. I got in trouble one time because I took him out of his crib while he was sleeping and my mom flipped out on me. A couple months went by after he was born and more and more people were coming and going, but not for me. I was so used to everybody that came to our house being there to see me. I got sad because I thought I was being forgotten about.

My dad's aunt came down from Alabama one year to see Dennis. I heard her say something about my dad finally being smart and making sure THIS ONE was his child. I never told anybody about that but now whenever I see her I just walk away.

When I was 6, my mom had my little sister, Sariah. Just like with Dennis, I adored her. But after a while, I started having the same feelings I had when Dennis was born. So I locked myself in my grandma's room a lot.

2006. My mom married my dad and had my sister Layla few months later. I was in third grade. I went to Van Zile Elementary. I actually had a lot of friends. But anybody that knows me now knows that I'm mean and I have a bad attitude. Well, I was the same way in third grade. So there was this one girl that would always talk about me in class. She used to say shit like, "you look like Glenda from Seed of Chucky" or "you must be half critter cause you look like one." And I already know some ignorant person reading this is going to laugh at that. I did too. But back then it used to make me cry. Anyway. There was this boy I had the biggest crush on named Joshua. I remember him like yesterday. He was light skinned and he had these pretty hazel eyes and he must've been wearing cologne because he always smelled so damn good. Anyway. I guess he liked me too, or maybe he just learned how to play girls too early. He was the first boy I ever kissed. Quite often too. But it was this one girl. Candice Anderson. I could not stand that little bitch. See I guess she was his "girlfriend" but um...I was too. She had me fucked up. And then I saw her and Joshua holding hands one day so I pushed her little ass down and we got to fighting. Lmfao. Told y'all I was mean. So yeah I got suspended. And then a few months later I got expelled. And let me tell you why.

Joshua right? Yeah me and him broke up. I took my crayons back and everything. So we were at lunch one day and he was sitting at the table behind me with his little stupid, snot-nosed friends. So me and my friends and him and his friends were all cracking jokes on each other. And there was a teacher standing in the middle of us and she was just making sure the conversation was age appropriate. It was, it honestly was. Somehow this little boy said something sexual and told the teacher that I said it. And I swear on the Lord above I didn't say anything sexual. I don't even know what he claimed I said. All I know is me and Joshua got sent to the office. When it came time for Joshua to vouch for me, he didn't. So I got expelled.

When my mom picked me up, she was just acting like everything was cool. Then when I walked through the door, it's a fucking belt swinging at me. And I'm just like what did I do? But nobody would let me explain anything. So that's how I ended up at Dorothy Fisher Elementary.