Chapter 6 : Unreal

Someone knocked at my door. 

 ??? :Can i come in ? 

 I recognized Zain's voice. And I heard a sound of keys. I deduced that Louis had given him the set of keys of our room. Under my sheets, I heard steps get closer. 

 Zain : Liam, it's 10am... 

 Me :The guys sent you ? 

 I felt a weight on edges of my bed.

 -You left the conference yesterday. You came back at 2am. We almost don't see you those days. What's going on... ?I removed the cover of my face. 

 -I don't know, Zayn...He broke eye contact. 

 -The pic of Sophia isn't here anymore ? 

 He took a look to my night table then looked down. 

 « You know, you can talk to me, if you need it. » 

 -Yes, thanks, but I don't think you could help me for that. 

 -Tell me, I'll try to figure it out. 

 -I'm asking myself questions and I don't know how to answer. 

 -And what are they ? 

 Do i still love Sophia? Why I react like that for a simple kidnapping ? Where is Maissa? Why I feel so useless? What I feel for her? Why did I save three persons in a short time? Is it so surprising? Why have I the impression that millions of saved lives will not make her return? 

 « So ? » 

 -Sorry, you wouldn't understand. 

 -Is it...about the band ?! 

 -No ! It's not about One Direction ! 

 -Well, then, explain. 

 -It's too complicated, Zain. But don't worry, it's ok. 

 Except that I couldn't discern my emotions. 

 -I got it, I leave.

 -It's not against you, Zain. 

 -I know, don't worry. I hope that your doubts fade as quickly as possible. 

 He took out and closed the door with keys. I recovered. I didn't manage to solve what bothered me then I decided to go on Twitter. In the list of current events, appeared a page of newspaper with a pic of me, saving the girl of the eve.Noway, those journalists are everywhere !I made the article scroll and read " Liam, the saver ". Newspapers always made me laugh in what concerned the titles. Everything was so exaggerated. In magazines, a pic of a filled star was more interesting at once than a marriage or than the birth of a child. With Twitter, it was the worse. With a rumor, you could get round all the planet. Then imagine the damage of the image confirmed by a celebrity saving a child. And yes, this story became the subject of March 23th, 2015. I hoped only that they were going to forget it in a few days. For I don't really know which reason, I called my best friend, Andy. 

 Him : Oh, the saver call me only now ?! He exclaimed on the tone of humor. 

 Me :Oh, you're aware.

 -Sure I am ! Well done, bro !

 -Thanks. 

 -And not just for that. 

 -What do you mean ? 

 -You know, you've saved me too ! 

 -You wanted me to be watching, maybe ? It's ME that bought this bloody BBQ...