Chapter 4 : But i will know it

I was now alone against two. I swung the bar against the forehead of the first one and repeated this movement to knock him out. He fell to the ground. Unfortunately, the other was more muscular. I punched him in the stomach with the object I was holding in my hands, but he caught it and threw it away. Now I had surely been disarmed. Though do not think I was going to run away like a chicken. However, his expression made me take a step back. He pushed me back and my breath caught for two seconds as my back banged against the wall. The man was stopping me from moving. I didn't waste time; I pressed my feet against the wall, pushed off and threw myself at him, throwing him to the ground. I was on him, defending myself against his blows. Quite well to be honest and I was attacking him as I had never had to do. Then I was stupidly distracted by certain people.

???: POLICE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!

Taking advantage of me being distracted, my opponent hit me in my temple, pushing me aside. I rolled over. My head suddenly started to hurt. I blinked to try and see what was going on, but my vision was blurry. Nevertheless, I got up and joined Niall.

Me: Why did you call the cops?

Niall: You think I was going to let them hurt you?

-I was in control of the situation Niall, I said as a sort of whistle went off inside of my brain.

-That's it... A "thank you" wouldn't be too much to ask.

-Sorry. Thank you very much bro.

I raised my hand to touch the side of head.

-How are you?

-Fine.

-Come, we should go. The guys are waiting for us at the hotel. Simon has reassured the fans by saying we were just visiting friends.

The buzzing in my head disappeared, but I would still have preferred an aspirin. We took my car and towards central London.

-I'm sorry, I should have answered...

-Hey, I'm fine. I also shouldn't have followed you.

-Yeah... Are you hungry?

He turned onto the road I was looking at and gave me a smile that showed all of his teeth.

-Liam, I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon. I've almost missed three meals. Of course I'm hungry!

-Hahaha! What a question!

(Five hours later...)

I was getting dressed in front of the mirror. My abdominal muscles had been the only reason I could defend myself.

I should keep exercising.

I put on my shirt and a tie. The interview was going to take place in one of the hotel rooms. Somebody walked into my room.

Me: So, how do I look?

Louis: Bro, I'm not your girlfriend. Ask a girl!

-Eleanor?

El: You look classy Liam.

-Thank you, I said, putting stress the words.

-I'm gonna join Perrie. See you later.

Louis & Me: See ya!

Louis: El?

Eleanor: Yes?

-I love you.

-Me too.

I smiled as I heard those words. Lou walked over to sit on my bed, waiting for me to get ready.

-Wait...

I saw in the mirror that he was looking under my pillow.

Fuck.

-Are you kidding me?!

Me: Louis, I can explain.

-You steal now?! Especially from the police!

-It is only a walkie-talkie. It's for tracking down Maissa.

-Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do when they know where she is? Fly to her rescue? Liam, when I said that we'll find her, I was talking about the police! I didn't say that you had to investigate on your own!

-I know what I'm doing.

Actually, no, I knew absolutely nothing. I didn't even know where I had to look or what I had to do. Though now it'll be necessary that I do. He sighed and went out of the room. It was really one of the worse days of my life, but fortunately the end of this one seemed brighter.