Chapter 5 : Richard Scholes

Another one of those boring interviews... Seriously, half the people are bored. I think enthusiasm isn't their quality. 

 I was no longer listening what the interviewer was saying.

 It's been two days and two nights now that she disappeared and has not been found! Oh and why would you like to kidnap someone?! I could not do it... Especially not her... It's stunning. I feel like i know her... She's like inked in my head.

??? : Yes, why ? The journalist asked.

Me : What ?!

My friends, as well as the public, laughed out loud.

How does she know that I was thinking about Maissa ?! How is she aware ?

Her: I was asking for the reason of your trip to Los Angeles ? Was there a professional purpose? 

 -Oh, sorry hum... Yes and no. First, I love this city and secondly, somebody proposed me a project of which I can't reveal anything for now. 

 I dived back into my thoughts. I admit it; I wasn't respectful at all. 

 What am I doing here ? I don't even know if it's live. It's useless. It's hot. I'm fed up. I'm stuck in a thirty meter room squared with about twenty people if it isn't more. I can't wait that it's finished... 

 -Did you find her, Liam ? 

 I jumped. This time, nobody laughed. They worried. 

 Niall : Liam, are you okay ?

 Me : What were you talking about ? 

 The journalist : Your passport. Did you find it ? 

 I was becoming crazy. It was too much. 

 - Excuse me. I need to get some air.

 Louis : What's going on ? He asked me, whispering it at me. 

 I sneaked out of the set of the conference and went in front of the building which was our hotel. The low wind only rubbed my cheek but the freshness of this one made me shiver. I took advantage of this peace and this empty street to light a cigarette and unwind. I closed my eyes and began to smoke it. I had just started to smoke again whereas I had stopped for months. 

 ??? : Good evening. 

 A young boy was standing, rested against the wall of the building. His haircut reminded me the one of Zayn. He had brown hair and almost black eyes and appeared to have between 14 and 16 years. He was wearing a black leather jacket, a white tee-shirt, black Van's and a jean's of the same color. 

 Me : Good evening. 

 He looked at his phone, put it in his jacket, and took it, several times. After few minutes, I allowed myself to ask the question. 

 « Are you waiting for someone ? » 

 -No, i... i just get out to walk. And you, Mister ? 

 -Same. But you can call me by my name. I'm not too old. 

 -All the same, I'm talking to Mr. Payne ! Rough day ? 

 -Oh yeah... And you ? 

 -Hum... 

 After a few seconds, he sighed, changing foot of supports. 

 «I've been fired of my school, my girlfriend and i, we've just broken up,  so yeah... We can say that it was a rough day.»