Chapter 7

I got busy the following week after my father died.

That day I went to the hospital after he says his last wish to us just a couple of hours after he died.

I and Markus buried him after five days of viewing. During the viewing the police were present, even if they are in civilian I can easily spot them, lalo na si Andrew Calvin. 

The news about a missing cop is already on the news kaya naman si Andrea ay nasa bahay ko sa Batanes ngayon kasama si Nanay Lucy.

The Hermoso's also attended, my Dad and the older woman Hermoso has a business together. Dad is so fond of the woman, he told me that she reminded him of Mom. Strong and independent. Although she remarried now and is happy, the Hermoso is always gonna be the topic of society pages.

Paborito silang topic sa mga scandal. Like when the remarriage of Mrs. Hermoso, they even investigate her previous husband, who apparently now is living in the States as a novelist.

Napailing nalang ako dahil sa dami nang issues sa pamilya nila na naiisip ko. Our family is pretty famous in the business circle as well but no reporter ever tried to make an article about us.

Wala kasi sila makuha na issue samin, my Dad has always been obsessed about our security and he will make sure that the reporters will not get anything from us.

That five days of viewing ay hindi nawalan nang pulis, lagi sila nakaaligid. But they will never find her here. I will not let them find her. She is mine now.

"Mack, the Hermoso Lady is asking for a meeting. What should I say?" I looked up to Markus, I was busy on company paper works while Markus is busy tracking down that son of a bitch who stole all those drugs.

"Why are you even here? Let my secretary handle that." He gave me the papers with the business plan for the Hermoso's.

"I know, but can't I visit you? I have been to 5 countries in just a week. I need a rest" Markus lay down on my couch and he easily slipped into a deep sleep.

Napailing nalang ako. He really is flipping the whole world just to find the bastard.

I called my secretary and told her to set up a meeting tomorrow with the Hermoso's. I want to continue this business with them, I want this company to be normal just like what my father wants.

Just a mere thought of my father makes my heartache. I remember his last words to us. Napatingin naman ako agad kay Markus.

I remember that day clearly, I was so young but I was already accustomed to violence but seeing that little boy, the same age as me crying while hugging his lifeless father and calling out to his murdered mother.

It reminded me of me but at least I have my Dad and that boy has no one.

That boy is Markus, my father adopted him dahil ang tatay ni Markus ay ang head of security ni Dad. One of the scientists on our drug labs has gone rogue. He injected the drugs to Markus Dad and when he got home he was like a mad man. He tore apart his wife and so Markus was forced to stab her father with a sword.

The sword is part of his fathers' collection and Markus was though how to use them. I remember that I was also though how to clean that Winchester shotgun but one thing a child would never imagine is that, one day, they will be forced to use those skills on actual human beings.

After that night, the incident with Madrid happened. Dad was closed to Andrea's late father. Mabait na empleyado ito kaya nga nagtagal ito sa kumpanya.

When Andrea was little her Dad will bring her to company gatherings and we would play together. She is my first love and that never changed, kaya nga noong napatay ang mga magulang nya ay pinilit ko si Dad na tulungan si Andrea.