Something New

It’s been two weeks, since the finalization of the divorce between Chresanto and Angela, three weeks since Cole was released from the hospital, and four weeks since anyone has seen Janelle. Chresanto was granted temporary custody of Cole, due to the absence of Janelle. Angela found a small, yet elegant, apartment to reside. She tried to spend as much time as possible with Cole, granted that she had to find a way to avoid Chresanto in the process.

Chresanto, well he had been a nervous wreck. All he does go to work, come home, eat, shit, and sleep. In that order. He’d occasionally go out with Cole, for father-daughter time. Physically he would be present, but mentally and emotional somewhere else. Maybe back before all this mess happened. Cole often thought.

Angela had just came back from a little grocery shopping, she began unpacking and naming the items.

"Milk, Special K, Bread, Nutella, Some Peanut Butter, Jelly, Ground Beef, Chicken, Hot Dogs, Doritos, Gummy Worms, and Reese’s Piec-" Angela sentence began to faded, as she realized how much she hated Reese’s anything, but it how was Chresanto favorite thing. She shook her head,

"Force of happen." She wrote off as. She was going to throw the Reese’s Pieces, but for some odd reason she just left them sitting there on the counter.

"Time for some single-life relaxation." Angela said as she plopped down on the couch. Ready to enjoy a re-run episode of Martin. Again another favorite of her and Chresanto. But just as she was getting good into her resting time, her phone went off. It was Trina.

"Yessss,Trina?" Angela answered the phone, a slight bet annoyed that relaxing time was being interrupted.

"Don’t Yessss Trina me, I’m calling to

tell you that we are going out tonight. And don’t give me that bullshit on how you busy, when all you doing is watching Martin, and thinking how you and Chres use to be like that. I’m picking you at 8, that’s two hours from now. Be ready, we’re going to the new bar on Parkway. Love you, bye."

The next thing Angela heard was the dial tone. She figured it was best just to get ready. Than to Trina come dragging her out, kicking and screaming. The two hours went by in a flash. Angela was dressed and ready to go. She wore her favorite black dress, while Trina wore this bright red one. Once they got to the bar, their mouths open in awe. It was probably one of the best bars, the every seen in their life. They were seated to a table and both decided to enjoy, a nice “Sex On The Beach".

"So Ange, when you going to start dating again?" Trina blurted out.

"Umm, don’t you think it’s a little earlier to be thinking about that, me and Chresanto just got divorce two weeks ago Trina." Angela said, a little offended by her friend insensitivity.

"And someone married one of my exes two weeks ago, and? Dammit Angela, Chresanto had mad you put your life on hold while y’all were together, he’s still doing it, and y’all not even together no more." Trina somewhat snapped. Not that she was cold-hearted bitch, she just hated seeing her best friend depressed.

"Look Trina, it’s just don’t think I’m ready to put myself out there again, or if I’ll ever be ready." Angela whispered the last part.

"Well Angela, don’t you think it’s time for something new."

But before Angela could make a rebuttal she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"ANGELA HUGHES! Is that you?" A handsome young man, said approaching their table. With a bright smile on his face. Angela scrunched her eyebrows.

"Umm yes. Who are you?" Angela asked, a bit confused. As to this stranger was in front of her. While Trina sat there smirking.

"You don’t remember. It’s me Daniel Haigler. We went to high school and middle together. We were best friend and than some till I moved Junior year of high school to Boston."

"OMG DANNY!!!!" Out of instinct, Angela immediately jumped into Danny’s arms. Just as she did when they were younger, and just like when they were younger his hugs still felt the warmest.