Missing

"OMG! I’m too turnt up!" A excited Rayne, yelled. Cole flinched in frustration.

She had wanted a peaceful weekend away from her soaping father. But inside she was getting dragged to some random ass party that she really didn’t want any apart of. Cole had suggested they go see a movie instead, but Rayne insisted they got to this frat party. Cole loved Rayne to death, but this partying thing was getting annoying.

"Yeah turn down what?" Cole said, sarcastically. As they maneuvered their way through the moving frenzy.

"Hey if you wanted to be a buzzkill you should’ve stayed at the house and watch Zari." Rayne said, as down a shot from a random stranger walking by. Cole rolled her eyes.

"I offer to go the movies. But was all like nooo. So I said shit I’ll just stay here than. Then you was all like noooo again." Cole said, a short summary of the events prior to the party went down.

"Whatever." Rayne said, jokingly putting her hand in Cole’s face.

After about 30 minutes of Rayne had already wonder off, somewhere. Cole felt out of place

watching colleges students grinding and practical having sex on the dance floor. She had been approach by few but politely decline. But not without a completes of “lil bitch" or “you wasn’t that cute anyway. But she brush them off not wanting to cause any problems.

Cole rolled her eyes as she a struggling Rayne make her way over with 3 unknown men. As they got closer, Rayne blabbering something about going to a hotel after part with them, somewhere off the strip. Cole tried to convince Rayne against it, but Rayne was stubborn and determine to go. So Cole, reluctantly had to tag along. To make sure Rayne would be safe. But Cole couldn’t shake this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen.

It was 4:16 in morning, Chresanto was laying on the couch watching his and Angela old wedding tapes. He was really a sorry excuse of a man. Any other man would be coming up with ways to get their girl back, but his wouldn’t even come within 100 ft of him. He groan as the phone began to buzz like crazy, who and the hell would calling at this time of day.

"Hello." Chresanto with a sharp attitude.

"CHRES COME OVER QUICK! COLE’S MISSING" A scared Zonnique, shrieked into the phone.

Chresanto not needing to hear anymore, quickly hung up the and ran out in a t-shirt and baller short to his car. On his way he tried calling Angela, but she wouldn’t pick up the phone. Chresanto gripped the steering wheel tight, divorced and now a missing child. How much more could this man take?

When he got to Ray’s house he started to bang heavily on the door. Ray quickly open the door, Chres rushed pass him and went straight to the kitchen where saw a distraught Rayne sitting. He was focused questioning Rayne that he hadn’t even noticed a teary Angela in the kitchen corner.

"What the hell happen!" Chresanto barked in Rayne.

"Aye Chres, calm down!" Ray interjected. He understood Chres was upset, but he wasn’t going to let him yell at his daughter.

"Well it ain’t your daughter missing, so don’t tell what the fuck to do!" Chres said getting into Ray’s face. Each stood grilling each other, not wanting to back down.

"Chres, please." Chresanto had a soft familiar voice whisper.

Over in the corner he saw Angela, his Angela. Teary eyed and puffy nose, he figured she had been crying on the way here. Crying over Cole, wow he was a real idiot ever to assume Angela didn’t care about Cole. He backed away and pulled Angela into a comforting embrace. To his surprise she didn’t pull away. After about a minute, Chresanto pulled away and took in a soothing breath.

"I’m sorry Rayne, can you please tell me what happen?" Chresanto said in the calmest voice he could muster.

"We went to this frat party. I started drinking, Cole keep complaining about not wanting to be there, but I didn’t listen. I got drunk, meet three guys…Oh god this is all my fault." Rayne began to breakdown.

"Come on, Rayne keep it together. What after that?" Angela came to Rayne side, rubbing her hand, while Zonnique rubbed her back.

"They something about a hotel party. Cole didn’t want to go, but I convinced her otherwise. So about 2 hours into the drive, they started talking about going to Las Vegas. Cole protested and they told her if she didn’t want to come to get out. They let her out, she begged me to come with her, she keep telling me her phone was dead, but I just shut the door in her face. After 10 more minutes of riding I didn’t feel comfortable anymore, so I told them to let me out. Then I called my dad to come pick me up." Rayne confessed, occasionally letting out a sob.

"YOU LEFT HER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! ALONE!" Chresanto yelled, he jumped out of the chair. He stormed out the kitchen and went outside, Angela followed behind him.

"Dammit how could I let this happen?" Chresanto confessed, to himself.

"This isn’t your fault Chres. This could’ve happen to any dad." Angela tried to comfort him.

"Well why do I have to be that father. Why do I have to watch daughter be in a coma, and know she out somewhere hoping I’ll save her. If she even left to be saved."

"Don’t talk like that Chres!" Angela scowled.

"You don’t understand Angela, as a father I’m suppose to protect my child. But how can I do that if I don’t even know where she is?" Chresanto began to sob, Angela pulled him in a tight comforting hug.

They pulled back a little so that the would be able to look into each others eyes. All the feeling of love, happiness, peace, and joy. Chresanto had for Angela started to resurface. He couldn’t help to but lean in. Angela closed her eyes and did the same. But before their lips could make an actually connect, Angela pulled back.

"Chresanto I can’t" Angela whispered. A look of guilt took over her.

"Why not?" Chresanto ask softly. Stroking Angela’s cheek.

"I’m seeing someone else Chresanto"