Chapter Two

Zayn Andrei

"Brother, have you been shopping?" Sabi ni Tres habang nakikisilip sa papel na binabasa ko. My monthly billing statement issued by DP Bank is suspiciously and excessively high, the fact that I seldom use it because I prefer debit over credit. "What are those things you purchased that are worth over three million?"

I wish I know the answer. My eyes went down to the second column of the billing report, and it narrowed to the bold all capital letters PRADA.COM on the right side is the amount I spent on that website.

"Wow? You bought a franchise?" Tres didn't leave my side. He started laughing, calling out for Dave's attention. "Dude, look at this. ZA went online shopping at Prada.com. I mean, how's that sounds?"

"Seriously, man?" Dave comes up to us, curiously taking the paper away from my hand for him to see.

"There must be a glitch," I said before realization sank into me. "Or..."

"Or Paris Hilton run your credit card?" Tres supplied suggestively.

It can be that, too—kinuha kong muli ang papel nang ibalik 'yon sa akin ni Dave. Nalingunan namin si Red na kabababa lamang ng telepono at naglalakad na pabalik sa pool table. I kept the bill back to the envelope and tossed it over the nearby table. I took a swig on my beer and stood up from the stool.

"But seriously, man. You have to get that whole insane shit figured out. Three million isn't a joke."

Oh, he doesn't have to worry about it. I already have it figured out. Camille is clever. Clever is the devil. And the devil wears fucking Prada. There I solved the puzzle like Detective Sam Spade.

Red stood on the corner of the table, positioning his black cue stick to strategically pocket the lows. We've been playing Stripes and Solids for nearly an hour now. It's Red and me versus Tres and Dave. And not once did they win those three games. With Red playing like fucking Earl Strickland? I don't think they'll ever win.

"This game's boring," he declared like a king after he finished the fourth game with an impeccable shot. He placed the cue stick back in the stall.

"Oo na, Red. Naiintindihan na namin." Tres snickers. "Sige na, puntahan mo na girlfriend mo. Halata naman na kanina ka pa hindi mapakali."

I fought the urge to laugh. Dave, on the other hand, shamelessly did. Red's been about Chiara De Salvo lately. I'm trying to ignore the fact that they're becoming inseparable. I'm not sure I can wrap it in my head that Red is slowly turning dependent on someone.

"She's not my girlfriend," he said before he started walking out of the room.

"Alright, if you say so." Habol pa ng pang-aasar ni Tres. Nang mawala ito ay bumaling siya sa amin ni Dave. "No one would buy that. Even the blind could tell they're boyfriend-girlfriend."

"And it's entirely none of your business," natatawang sabi ko sa kanya. Sasagot pa sana siya nang tumunog ang aking cellphone. Kaagad ko iyong kinuha mula sa aking bulsa.

Unknown number, but fucking Siri is better than NBI.

Maybe: Camille Syanna Velez

And what does Bellatrix Lestrange want? I hit the green button, raised the phone to my ear, and walked towards the open slides through the balcony.

"Hi, Vladislav!" She's beaming. Why wouldn't she? Goddamn thief milked me. Now I'm indebted to over three million pesos. "I'm guessing you know better now than to mess with me."

Fucking spoiled brat. "Yeah, what do you need?"

"Nothing, just wanna check on you. Everything cool?"