Chapter Thirteen

Camille Syanna

Nang magising ako ay madilim na sa labas. I groaned. This period is killing me. The whole day had passed, and I did nothing but tossed and turned on the bed.

Thank God I felt lighter now. Bumangon na ako mula sa higaan. I fixed myself and changed my clothes before I went downstairs to see what ZA had been doing.

Naabutan ko siya sa kusina, nagluluto. I frowned when I saw that he wasn't wearing a shirt. He often does that around the house.

I stared at his stacked back. ZA looked equally powerful as he was facing me. His muscles were toned and verged into defined. Hindi nakatakas sa aking mga mata ang ilang pilat sa kanyang likuran.

When he didn't tell me where those scars came from, I didn't push. But they still made me wonder.

"Are you feeling better?" ZA asked, turning to face me.

I nodded. "Yeah,"

"Good," he went back to what he was doing. "Malapit na itong maluto. Kakain na tayo."

"ZA," I called him, and he turned his head on me.

"Thank you," I whispered. "For taking care of me,"

He smiled. That genuine smile I don't usually get from him. "You're welcome, Cams. Sige na, doon ka na muna sa sala at mausok dito."

Goodness! What's with that smile?! How did ZA suddenly become appealing in my eyes was something I couldn't explain.

Bago pa kung saan mapunta ang takbo ng aking isipan ay iniwan ko na siya sa kusina. I went to the living room and saw a steel-string guitar sitting on the couch.

Wow. So, he knows how to play guitar, huh?

I sat on the couch and took the guitar. I wasn't really good at it, but I knew some chords. Dad used to sing for me.

"You can be the peanut butter to my jelly..." I started singing gently. "You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly... You can be the captain and I can be your first mate.. You can be the chills that I feel on our first date.."

Perfect Two is one of my favorite songs. I was in high school when I first heard it, and I immediately loved it. The lyrics seemed to fit my life perfectly.

"You can be the hero and I can be your side kick.. You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split.. You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'.. Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'.." I closed my eyes and continued singing.

Only Chiara and Nisha knew about my love for music. To others, I was talentless and without my money I'd be no one. I didn't care then. I don't care now.

"Don't know if I could ever be.. Without you 'cause boy you complete me.. And in time I know that we'll both see.. That we're all we need.."

I'd always imagined Zanti when I was singing or listening to this song. But right now, it wasn't who I was seeing with my eyes close. It was ZA.

The way he smiled at me in the kitchen. His emerald eyes piercing right through me. And thinking about him made my heart flip.

"'Cause you're the apple to my pie.. You're the straw to my berry.. You're the smoke to my high.. And you're the one I wanna marry.."

Bilib na ako sa tibay ng aking dibdib dahil hindi ito nabiyak sa lakas nang tibok ng aking puso.

"'Cause you're the one for me..  And I'm the one for you..  You take the both of us..  And we're the perfect two.." I couldn't and wouldn't stop thinking about him. And he was just in the next room. "We're the perfect two.. We're the perfect two.. Baby me and you.. We're the perfect two.."