Chapter Fourteen

Camille Syanna

Andrei took me to a high-rise condominium building in BGC. On the top floor, we stopped in one of the four doors on the left. ZA keyed in a code and twisted the knob open.

I didn't need to ask to know that he owns the place. Once he opened the door, the familiar scent of his perfume assaulted my nose. And when I walked inside, the whole place reeked of him; plain walls of white and black trimmings, two abstract paintings with no pictures of himself on the wall and that's it.

The cherry floorboards shine as if it was well-maintained. ZA took me to the living room and let me sit on a burgundy couch in the middle.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine here?" He asked, looking down at his TAG Heuer. I could see that he was hesitant to leave me alone.

"I will be fine here," I roamed my eyes around the place. The air conditioning unit started working the moment we went in. "I think I have everything I need here for my comfort."

"The fridge is stocked with food," he mentioned. "If you ever get hungry, eat some. I wouldn't be long. I'd be back before you know it."

"You go na," I rolled my eyes. "Para makabalik ka agad! You'll cook our dinner pa cause I'm not going to pretend I can."

ZA chuckled and shook his head. Kinontra ko ang una niyang plano na isama ako sa pakikipaglita kanila Tristan. I asked if he could just leave me someplace safe. My being there with ZA would raise so many questions. I didn't want that. Besides, they were going to discuss something important that had nothing to do with me.

"I will," he nodded and walked up to me. He sat beside me and grabbed me by the waist like he always did. "There's a television in my room, you can watch movies there. I'm sorry if I had to leave you all by yourself."

"I can go into your room?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Why the hell not?" ZA smiled and kissed my forehead. "I really need to go. I will try to make this quick, but if in case I can't, we will stay here for the night."

"Oh, but I didn't bring any clothes." I twitched my lips. All I have in the car is a pair of extra underwear and pads.

"You don't need clothes," he smirked and was about to add something when his phone started ringing. He rolled his eyes and cursed. "Dammit, I have to go."

I smiled at him. "Yeah, drive safely."

"I will," he leaned down to kiss me on the lips. It was rather fleeting. I wanted more, but ZA was on a rush so I pushed him away before it lingered.

"Go, and you take care."

"I'll come home for more," ZA groaned and leaned down again for another peck.

I watched him disappear behind the door and only then did I release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

My heart thumped harder and louder inside my chest. My adoration for ZA was growing rapidly. I knew it was dangerous, but I liked it.

Zayn Andrei

I parked my jeep in one of the Santa de Leones's warehouse. And I heard gunshots as soon as I get off my ride. Red had started playing early.

I spotted Red's truck parked next to Tristan's BMW. Inside, I found Red standing in front of a man who's kneeling for his life. Tristan was there, trying to light up the mood.

But I know Red. There's a greater possibility that today is that man's last on earth.

"Who is he?" I asked, standing next to Three.