Chapter Sixteen

Camille Syanna

"Cams," ZA knocked and opened the door.

"What?" Nag-angat ako ng tingin mula sa binabasa kong libro.

ZA walked near the bed and broke the biggest news I heard today. "Tristan called. Nisha is pregnant, and they're getting married."

"WHAT?!" Nabitawan ko ang libro na aking binabasa at namamanghang pinagmasdan si ZA. "Are you freaking kidding me?!"

"Why would I do that? What would I get in return?" He rolled his eyes. "Stop shouting,"

"That can't be true!" I exclaimed. "Nisha hated Tristan. How did it happen? When did it start? Why?!"

"Honey, I know nothing more than you do." Napapagod na sagot ni ZA sa akin.

"Oh, my God! I still can't believe it!"

"Tristan called and asked me to come. He wanted me to be there, kami ni Red. Hindi alam ng pamilya ni Nisha." Kwento niya. "I think Chiara is going to be there, too."

"ZA, I wanna go with you." I said. Nisha is my best friend in the whole world, sila ni Chi. That's why I don't want to miss this big event of her life.

"At anong sasabihin nila kung makita na kasama kita?" Tanong niya. "I wouldn't mind. Kaya lang, ikaw? Handa ka ba sa itatanong ng mga kaibigan mo? Do you really want to spend the rest of the day lying about your being with me?"

"If they ask me about you, I still don't have a ready answer. But I will make sure to come up with an excuse as to why we're together." I told him. "But please, ZA, I want to be there for Nisha. We've dreamed about our wedding day together. And I wanted to be in hers."

ZA sighed and shrugged. "Yeah, alright."

"I still couldn't believe she was going to marry someone who wasn't Zanti." I smiled, feeling happy for my best friend.

"Well, looks like Zanti is up for grabs." Umikot ang kanyang mga mata at naroon na naman ang inis niyang tono sa tuwing mapapag-usapan si Zanti.

"Yeah, I think he is." Nakakainis ka ZA! Sinakyan ko trip niya. "And I'm the closest contender for the spot."

"Oh, really, Camille?" He shot me a glare.

Camille not Cams. Not honey. Not baby.

"Why? You know I like him a lot, don't you?" I challenged. "Every bit of him,"

"Nah, you don't like him." Mapanganib niyang sabi.

"Keep telling yourself that," I smirk. "Would you fuck me ZA if I beg? Because I know Zanti will."

"The hell he will," mas naging mabalasik ang kanyang anyo. "Your Zanti would die before he could even try."

Iyon lamang at tinalikuran niya na ako at padabog na nagmartsa palabas ng silid. I laughed. I did get him on that one.

The following day, Nisha and Tristan's wedding went well. It was simple but heartfelt. I couldn't believe they did it. I always thought they were an odd combination for a couple, but when I saw them together I felt the love they had for each other. Nisha radiated happiness in ways I had never seen in her before, and it was contagious. Infectious even. They had that same energy Chiara and Red were giving me. Although, I'd always known Chi and Red were cut out for each other.

I maximized the little time I had with my two best friends during the intimate ceremony. I missed both of them so much. Chiara, Nisha, and I grew up together. We did all the craziest stuff together. And though we shared different interests and personalities, we were the perfect mix of one another. We balanced each other's lives.