The accident

Within the next week I drank a whole bunch of alcohol. I knew I shouldn't but I did and I passed out cold for like 2 days my mom thought I was sleeping and being depressed again so it worked out. Alex kept texting me and everything but you know I wasn't going to answer him. We only had like 4 days left of vacation before we had to go back and start our second semester. I was currently laying on my bed dying slowly. My door opened and I thought it was my mom but I heard another voice.

"Why the hell haven't you answered my messages I've been worried sick" Alex yelled

"Uh I don't know sorry" I groaned

"Sit up and look at me what the fuck" he said

I sat up and he looked at me I just chuckled a little bit cause I was drunk honestly. His facial expression turned into anger when he smelt the alcohol on me. I know he was going to kill me. I was waiting for the lecture. He stood up and looked around the room and went straight to the closet where all the empty cans and vodka or any other alcohol. He was hurting I could tell and I felt bad I didn't wanna look at him.

"Austin my god are you serious I can't believe your fucking doing this again you promised you wouldn't" he said tears coming to his eyes

"I'm sorry AC I can't help it I'm fucking depressed cause I can't have the girl of my dreams"

"Yes you can she loves you you just won't let yourself have love because your fucking selfish" he yelled

"I know I am" I said softly sitting on my bed

"This is bad this is an addiction you need rehab"

"I do not need rehab" I yelled

I heard the door open downstairs and I knew my mom was home. Fuck she didn't know about this she didn't know about the whole drinking thing because we al used to protect each other. I'm 20 it's not that my mom will care if I have one or two drinks but I have like half the fucking liquor store in my closet. I used a fake ID to get it I was so desperate I paid like $200 for it and it honestly looks so real so I was happy with it. Alex was infuriated he was screaming and yelling at me he looked like he was about to cry.

"Shh shh shh" I said with my finger to my mouth my mom was coming up the stairs

"Oh my god Austin" Alex said crying

"Stop shut up go the bathroom" I said pushing him in I was still a little messed up

"Honey is everything ok I heard yelling are you fighting with Dylan?"

"No mom, AC actually stopped by cause he missed me he's such a good friend" I said casually closing the closet door

"Oh honey tell him I said hi"

I closed the door on my mom and locked it then I moved the chair from the bathroom door and he came storming out. He was so pissed at me I wasn't sure whether he was going to hit me or cry. I was right he did both he slapped me in the face and as I was reacting he started crying and hugged me. I hugged him back but he pushed me off him he was acting like my girlfriend when we were fighting. He sat down on my bed and just put his hands on his face.

"Austin I'm leaving I'll be back later"

"Where the fuck are you going?" I asked following him down the stairs

"Austin don't cuss into my house" My mom scolded

"Austin just don't, I'll be back later goodbye" He said slamming the door

My mom just looked at me because she didn't understand why we were fighting. I wasn't about to explain it to her so I just grabbed my old car keys and my Jordan's by the door.