Chapter Five - The Feeling

Alright we get some Cariam (Carmen/Liam) Chapter Six is going to really fire up the plot and get some danger/action in!  Don't forget to vote with the little star!!! Thanks for reading! 

Lots of Love, Kenzie ❤️ Kate

___

Reaching the bottom of the stairs I am greeted by the smell of coffee and the sight of Liam scrambling eggs with green peppers and ham, which is one of my favorite breakfast foods. Going out on a limb I would say that Ryker told him. Liam looks up from the stove and I would be lying if I said my heart didn't beat a little faster.

"Morning Songbird," I look at him quizzically. Where did that come from?

"Don't think I couldn't hear your beautiful voice in the shower," He says offering a cocky but sincere smile. I didn't even realize I was singing, how cliche could I get? Liam doesn't miss a beat and notices my blush. "Hey, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It really was good."

"No, it's fine I just didn't realize I was singing so loud. It's a bad habit." I say. He scrambles the eggs some more.

"It is a habit, but not a bad one. Did you want some breakfast? I made your favorite!" He says with a confident smirk.

"You didn't have to make breakfast, I could have done it." I reply. He hands me a plate and forces a forkful of eggs in my mouth.

"Now what kind of host would I be if I let you do that?" He almost whispers and his voice rolls out in a low melody. I swallow, walking to the table unsure of how to reply to his tone of voice.

Sitting and eating I feel eyes on me. Looking up at Liam I see him staring into his plate. He must be pretty fast, I didn't even have time to see his eyes flick away. After a few minutes of silence I say, "When we move I will have ownership of our house as well and you will have no excuse for not letting me make breakfast." I counter.

"I just have to get up earlier than you Songbird," he points out.

It took a thirty minute shower to stick a nickname for the rest of my life. Noticing two empty seats instead of one at the four chaired table I ask, "Where's Ryker?"

"He got called in to resend some files that got deleted." Liam answers. I don't know how I feel about that. I feel kind of uncomfortable knowing that I will be spending the day alone with Liam but I guess we have to bond sometime.

"Speaking of work, your training will start tomorrow so you can take over the position in about a month. It is a lot of long hours to totally master your job as a director in such a short time and Shannon (the current genealogy director) isn't getting any younger. But if you really get stuck you can always call her to ask for assistance anytime in your first year." I nod and let myself ponder the idea of taking on such a responsibility. We eat the rest of our meal in silence and clean the dishes after.

"What now?" I say when we are done.

"Well, I guess we wait a little longer and see if Ryker comes home and we can go on our tour. We were sent catalogues to pick out stuff for our new house and we could do that while we are waiting," he suggests.

"Okay," I respond. "Paint first?"He asks. I nod as he pulls out two booklets from the pile.

For an hour we sit side by side and debate on the color palettes. A few times I heard noises outside. It must be really windy out there.

"So the kitchen is 'Coffee Brown' with maroon accents, the living room is also 'Coffee Brown' but with 'Olive Green' accents, the guest room is 'Slate Gray' with 'Light Sea Foam', our bedroom will be 'Cranberry Red' with tan accents," he pauses and takes a breath before he starts, "and the nursery will be pale yellow with gray and white accents." The blueprints we received had the third bedroom labeled as the nursery because we will soon be expected to marry and produce children. It is hard to think of getting to that point seeing our relationship as it is now. He continues, "The bathrooms will be 'Arctic Blue' with white accents."