Chapter Six: The Pinch

A hand touched my hand, big, kind of rough but had soft palms.

"Don't worry I got you" he whispered softly as he guided me out of the car and on to my wheelchair, I didn't know who he was so I'm assuming he's one of the valets because he's not a familiar voice to recognize from any exposed member of my Ten Demandments. Although I have to say his hand is very comforting and he sounds cuter than that stupid, stalking angel who is nowhere to be found. But I feel like he's watching me somewhere as if he doesn't want to be found, I need to ask mother about the surgery and trainer thing.

"Thank you Dawson, say why don't you come over, I hardly doubt Missy is going to eat all those pizza by herself and she probably could use the company" kindly Mother asked, Dawson that's his name now I just need to put a face to his name. Still outside, I could tell the sun is just rudely burning me with its heat. I think were in front of the hotel.

"How do you do Dawson, I'm Missy" I smiled still clutching his hand.

"I'm doing fine actually, although I'm going to put a rain check on that Ms. Amber, I have rugby practice and then later I have to get to work so I'm kind of busy for today but maybe tomorrow, I'm free" he glumly clarified.

"That's okay, you go live life; I'll just stare at a wall waiting for something to happen" I said bitterly.

"Um I'm sorry, did I offend you?" his voice quivered with doubt.

"Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a total bitch, forget I said anything" I really didn't mean to it's just oh sports how I miss playing sports.

"Ah okay, already forgotten, except the introduction part, nice to meet you Missy and maybe next time neighbor, see ya' later Ms.'s Amber" he said running off somewhere. Mother didn't reply so I think she just nodded or something. It seems she's going by her maiden name now.

"Mother who was that and did he just say neighbor?" I swiftly asked, I just had to know.

Mother pushes my wheelchair and leans over a bit to quietly explain "Oh yes, that's Dawson, Dawson Rott he lives by himself next door, he's a good looking young man, maybe you two should hook up sometime." Mother hinted. We got to the entrance, I sensed the air from the door exhaled and we entered, we're probably somewhere in the main hall, I could hear a lot of talking around me and since I was probably the only one in a wheelchair, I'm pretty sure I became the main attraction, oh damn I hope I look good, I turned my attention back to my mother. "Seriously mom, I just got out of the hospital and you're already telling me to date. Who are you and what have you done with my mother?" I said, jokingly.

"Oh you'll like him sweetie, he plays sports, knows martial arts, plays various instruments, speaks fourteen different languages, he cooks & bakes, he's the perfect husband for you.....if you.....prefer." Mother described him as if her tone cringed to the idea of a perfect guy, as if there was such a thing.

"Wow mother if he sounds all that great, why don't you date him instead." I said, mocking her.

"Sweetie, I just want you to be happy you know that, besides at my age I've already gotten someone to fall for me since your incident." She teased.

"Really, well who is it?" I was curious. Hey wait a second "Mom where's Pastor Reed?"

"Oh he left to park the car; I didn't want the valet to park it so Pastor Reed offered. Oh and you'll see who I'm with now you're going to freak out." She sounded amused the way she said it as if she was trying to surprise me, mother please don't I don't like surprises.

We made it to the elevators and we hear Pastor Reed's laugh from behind us, he probably came from the stairs or somewhere. "Okay, sorry to bail on the two of you but I just got a call from my son who asked to come watch his game, they're having practice and he said there are going to be some recruiters and well you know." He heavily explained every detail of his excuse to leave, I just hope Pastor Reed is being a good boy or his son for that matter.