Chapter 8

The next day I come to science, Marcel has another black eye. The one on the right is slightly fading, but his left eye is completely blue and purple. Marcel see's me, and immediately pushes his glasses up, and looks down. I stomp over to the desk and try not to shout, "Did Cameron do that to you Marcel?" Marcel stays quiet, and squirms further into his stool. I lean in closer to Marcel, "Tell me Marcel!" Marcel becomes shy again. "It was Cameron." he says. I collapse in my chair and sigh. "I'm going to kill that boy." Marcel leans up immediately, "No, he'll hurt you." "Don't worry about me Marcel, I'll be fine."

The bell rings, and Mr. Goldman comes to the front of the classroom, holding his clipboard. He clears his throat and announces, "We will be having surprise presenter today. And they will talk about their project. And I've randomly chosen who it is."

Marcel looks at the desk, not breathing.

"Marcel, are you alright?" I whisper.

Marcel shakes his head.

"And I thought this boy would be a perfect example. Marcel, come on up here and tell us about your project." Mr. Goldman hollers.

Marcel sits there frozen. "Marcel, go up." I whisper sharply. He doesn't even blink as he stumbles to the front of the classroom.

He does up the last button on his checkered sweater, and loosens his tie. "H-hi everyone." he says, trying to sound happy. I swear you can hear a pin drop. Marcel pulls on his collar, "Its kinda hot in here, my collar is chafing." It looks like he's about to cry. He smiles, but you can tell by his eyes this is the most scary thing he has ever done.

 He swallows hard and continues,"Well, Georgia and I did our, uh, project on numbers. We thought numbers are," he swallows hard, "pretty cool, and we thought the first thing we'd do is massive numbers, hundreds of them, and uh.." he starts breathing extremely fast. "I-I," Marcel stutters. My stomach does a knot, poor Marcel, say something.

"Marcel, are you alright?" Mr. Goldman asks, concerned.

Macky starts to "BOOO!" at Marcel, and he throws a paper wad at him.

Marcel shakes his head,"Uh, sir I think-" Marcels voice cuts off, and his face goes white.

Marcel's knee's lock, and he falls to the ground, knocking out, unconscious.

Authors Note: OH MY GOSH, 10K+ READS! Thank you guys so much!! Thank you! Did anyone else completely love the Best Song Ever Music Video? I loved it! Marcel was perfect! I hope you guys are enjoying my fanfic!~SunDanielle