Part 10

Chapter Ten: Ross's P.O.V- 

 Carter looked absolutely gorgeous tonight! Just looking at her made me feel bad for buttering her up to the idea of helping Riley. One moment I was bent on trying to help my friend and the next my gorgeous girlfriend comes out looking even more so and I want nothing more than to shower her with kisses. I couldn't help the breath that caught in my throat when I looked at her; a vision of beauty. We talked and ate and just enjoyed one another's company. It was perfect. When Carter got up to use the bathroom that was when reality struck again. I had to ask her about the Riley thing. 

 "I'm back," Carter said when she came back. 

 "I'm glad," I smiled and took her hands in mine. 

 There was a perfect silence going between us as we looked into one another's eyes. I broke my gaze from hers for a second and looked down at the table. 

 "Would you please…" I began to ask "…Go on a walk with me?" 

 I'm such a chicken. 

 "I would love that." Carter smiled at me. 

 I helped her out of her chair and walked over to the front door. I opened it for her and let her walk ahead a little bit. We reached the street and she wasn't so far away anymore. I caught her hand when it swung back. I pulled her to my side and kept hold on her hand. 

 "So how was your day?" she asked. 

 "It was pretty good. I was basically home alone all day." I said. 

 "You should have come to the office. We could have had lunch or something." She looked down at her feet and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. 

 "I would have, but I was planning for tonight." I said. 

 "You've been planning this all day?" she asked. 

 "A good part of it." I nodded my head. 

 "That's so sweet," she wrapped her free arm around my arm that was holding her hand. 

 "Thanks," I smiled, looking down at her. 

 The silence over took us as we walked on. 

 "There's something I need to talk to you about." I said, looking over into her eyes.

 "Ok," Carter smiled at me "Fire away,"

 "This is kind of hard to say and I don't really know how to tell you." I scratched the back of my head with my free hand. 

 "Babe, you can tell me anything." She said. 

 "Promise me you won't freak out." I stopped walking. 

 "Promise," She looked at me with concern in her eyes "Ross, what's going on?" 

 "So… Riley's back in town and-" Carter cut me off. 

 "WHAT?!!?" She yelled "WHY!?" 

 "You promised me you wouldn't freak out." I unclasped my hand from hers and crossed my arms. 

 "I'm sorry," she sighed, stepping in front of me and putting both of her hands on my crossed arms "Continue," 

 "He needs your… expertise." I said. 

 "In?" She asked, crossing my arms. 

 "He wants your help to get back together with Rosie." I said. 

 "No," She said. 

 "You don't even know the whole story." I said. 

 "I know enough." She said. 

 "Please," I sighed "I owe him," 

 "What do YOU owe HIM?" She asked. 

 "Remember that brief time when we were broken up a couple years back?" I asked. 

 "Yeah… What about it?" she asked. 

 "He was the only one that was there for me." I said "I owe it to him to be there while he's in a similar situation." 

 Carter looking off into space, biting the inside of her cheek, and turned her back to me. I wrapped my right arm around her waist and, with my free hand, moved her hair to rest on her opposite shoulder. I bent my head slightly and placed kisses all over her shoulder. I could feel her heartbeat quicken and hear her breath catching. 

 "Please," I pleaded. 

 Carter remained silent. I skidded the tip of my nose a crossed her soft shoulder. I kissed the crook of her neck. 

 "Fine," Carter melted up against my chest "I kind of had a plan running around in my head anyway."  

 "Really?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. 

 "Really," she said "We should head back to my house." 

 "Yeah," I took her hand and began walking back "When do you want to meet with Riley?" 

 "Maybe tomorrow?" she suggested. 

 "We have that interview tomorrow remember?" I asked. 

 "Oh yeah," she said "I'll just call him; I don't need to make a big deal of it. I'll just tell him I'm in and hang up." 

 I wanted to roll my eyes at her statement, but it was something. I nodded my head and kept walking on. The sun had already gone down when we reached the house so i figured it was time to go. 

 "I'll see you tomorrow." I said "I love you," 

 "I love you more," Carter said. 

 "I love you most," I replied. 

 "Bye," she smiled. 

 Carter closed the door and I walked to my car. I smiled thinking over the evening we had had. Loving her was the best thing I've ever decided to do. 

Carter's P.O.V- 

 I closed the door and leaned my back up against it. I closed my eyes, still feeling the tingling sensation that had started when Ross kissed my shoulder and neck. I touched my shoulder and began walking up the stairs when I heard a voice clear. 

 "We're gonna go home now if that's ok." Rocky said. 

 "Oh um I thought you guys left already." I said. 

 "Nope," they said. 

 "Ok well have a good night." I said. 

 "You too," they said. 

 I went up to my room and changed into my Forever 21 pajamas and put my hair in a messy bun. I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I was done there I picked out my outfit for tomorrow then went to sleep. I could still feel Ross's lips daft warm lips on my shoulder; this would most likely keep me up all night. 

 Hope y'all liked the chapter! There is a picture of Carter and Camila's bathroom to the side. The external link is the outfits Carter has worn so far. Don't forget to Vote/Comment/Share with your friends. Thanks for reading! 

~~~RossLynchFan~~~