Part 27

Chapter TwentySeven: Carter's P.O.V- 

 That night I stayed up a little longer than I should have trying to find something, anything, to prove to Rosie that Riley was a bad guy. Eventually Ross came out and dragged me to bed before I could read the last file I'd stolen from Riley's computer. I knew that because it was the last file it was probably the most important, but I was tired and wanted nothing more than to sleep off the stressful day I'd had. I told Ross about the Taylor thing when we ate dinner and it was obviously still weighing down on me because i couldn't sleep. 

 I tossed and I turned but that only rocked the bed, causing Ross to wake up. 

 "C," his voice was sleepy and adorable "Is everything ok?" 

 "Yeah, I just can't sleep; go back to bed baby." I said, kissing his forehead. 

 Ross spread his arms open wide enough for me to get between them and hold onto him. My head fit perfectly under his chin as he geld me close. 

 "I know that Taylor thing is still bugging you." He nonchalantly stated. 

 I let out a sigh and moved back a little bit so that I could look at him. 

 "He said that if I need family in all this craziness that I shouldn't come crying to him; what does that even mean?" I sat up. 

 "I think it just means that he's worried about you and he thinks you're making a dumb decision when it comes to this." Ross yawned half through his reply. 

 "Do you think what I'm doing is stupid?" I looked back at him, truly curious as to what he thought about this. 

 "I think that you have good intentions, but that you're really only going to get yourself in trouble." I knew he was being honest with me. 

 "What do I do?" I fell back and snuggled up to Ross. 

 "I just think you need to give him sometime to cool down." Ross rubbed my back in a soothing circular motion. 

 I sighed in frustration.  

 "Can I apologize?" I asked. 

 "You should," I felt him nod "But then after that you just need to give him some time to breathe and cool down." 

 "Ok," I said.

 "Now, you should probably go to sleep; we have a big day tomorrow." I could hear the smile in his voice. 

 "I can't wait," I smiled. 

 I snuggled in close to him. As I listened to his even heart beat I could feel myself falling into a deep sleep. 

 "Happy anniversary, my love," I heard him whisper, before kissing my head. 

Rosie's P.O.V- 

 It was late into the night, almost midnight, and I was wired. All I wanted to do was sleep, to forget for a few hours that anything I'd seen today actually happened. I was sat on the couch by the front window of the suite, holding a cup of tea in my hand that by now had probably become quite cold. My mind raced, trying to piece everything together. A part of my mind scolded the part of it that was racing, telling it to shut up and go to sleep. I pulled the white throw off the back of the sofa and covered myself with it. I closed my eyes and snuggled down into the couch. 

Ross's P.O.V- 

 The next morning I woke up early to make Carter breakfast in bed. This was just one of many surprises I had for the day. When everything was made I put it on a tray and brought it to her. My sleeping beauty was laying on her side with one hand on her stomach and the other under her head with her elbow pointing outward. I put the tray on the desk and sat down on the edge of the bed.