Panic! With Dragons

^ this videos a classic lmao have fun watching it

Dan's POV

I sit on our tour bus looking out the window. The others decided to go take a look around the city while I felt like staying in. Suddenly, my phone rings.

Hey Dan, it's been a long ass time since I've talked to you. I'm sure you don't know who the hell I am but I got your number from a friend. Anyways it's Brendon Urie. You know, from Panic! At the Disco. We knew each other way back in the day. I know you're on tour right now but I want to know if you'd like to collab. Text me when you'll be back in Vegas so I can meet ya.

What a surprise. I'm surprised he even remembered I exist. I've heard about his success lately with the band, and him being the only member in the band now. I guess it really would be nice to see an old friend again and make music with them.

doing a collab sounds like a great idea! we'll be back in Vegas on August 23rd I think. I'll let you know for sure when I find out

Almost seconds later, I got another reply.

Sounds badass dude. We'll keep in touch until then yeah?

of course. see you soon!

***

"Hey, Dan!!" Brendon calls from the table he's seated at by himself.
I walk towards him and greet him, then taking a seat.
"So, about that song.."
"Right! I was actually thinking about it for awhile, actually. I thought it would be really badass to kinda reunite with an old friend and you were the first person I could think of, and well, here we are."
"Really? I'm really happy to hear that then. Making a song with you actually was crossing my mind too."
"It's just meant to be," he laughs.
"When do you have time to do it?"
"All the time, really."
"And will this be on the new album?"
"Of course. If it's good, which I'm sure it will be, but if it's like really really good, then I think I'd want it to be the first single off of the album."
"Let's make it really really good then."
"Also, can it be the whole band? You know, since I'm the only motherfucker in my band."
"Yeah we could do that."
"Ahaha I can see it now!!! 'Whatever the hell the song title is, by Panic! At the Disco featuring Imagine Dragons!'"
"I like that song title," I say sarcastically.
"Me too, actually."
"So when would you wanna start working on it?"
"Does tomorrow work for you?"
"Sure! I'll tell the guys about it and we'll go from there."
"Ah, great! See you then!"

Brendon's POV

Shit. I'm actually doing this.
I'm making a song with my old friend.
Imagine how badass this is going to sound? Bands from Las Vegas uniting to make better music than all of that stupid shit that's on the radio today. Just. Fantastic.

***

"Hey guys! How's it going so far?"
"Great. I hope you don't mind but I already got some guitar riffs that I wanted you to check out," Wayne, the guitarist said.
"It's alright. Let me hear this gold."
Dammit sure was gold. This guy is just pure gold. Gold guitar, gold watch, gold fucking music. Everything.
"Holy shit that's amazing."
"Really? Thanks."
"Yeah. We could probably keep this in the song."
"I'll try to improve more on this. There's still a lot I have to fix."
"There is? Well, you get to it, man. I'll leave you be."
I move on to Dan, who's at a table writing on a piece of paper.
"Hey, you never told me you had such talented musicians on your band."
"They are very talented. I forgot to tell you that we make songs a little differently. Sorry about that."
"It's fine. Wayne's part sounds great already. Do you mind?" I point at the lyrics.
"Not at all," he lifts his arms up for me to grab the paper.

((woops I can't come up with lyricssss))

"Dan holy shit there's no way I can compare to this. It's so good!"
"Thanks man. I'm sure what you write will be amazing. Trust me. Also, are you sure this is what you'd want for the song? I want too sure if this sounded like Panic! At the Disco."
"Honestly, not even I know what Panic! At the Disco sounds like," I joke. "But of course, this is great. I'll get to writing my part, then."

***

About two weeks pass and finally the song is ready. It's actually the last one from the album that I have left, and it's the best. I can see the headlines now, "Colors by Panic! At the Disco feat. Imagine Dragons." How exciting is that? I'm actually ecstatic that the songs actually meaningful, thanks to Dan. He way he writes lyrics, Wayne's ability to write music and play the guitar, Platz's drum skills, and Ben's killer bass is just fascinating. I'm not even sure this band is even human with all that talent, and surprisingly I felt like a rookie compared to them, and it's tough as shit to make me feel like that with my "big ego."
Well, I guess every artist has a lot to learn throughout their career, and I sure as hell learned a ton from my experience with Imagine Dragons.

+++

yes I know colors is a song by Halsey but it's the only one word title I could think of dammit. and I know this ones shorter but I can't come up with anything more for this :///