Chapter Three

After that serious talk with Caleb, I never saw him. He didn't came to any class and was not even picking up my calls. I know he was just worried about me doing something wrong but then why is he ignoring me.

After school got over I quickly hurried home, I really need to figure out what is happening around here.

When I got home Irina was the only one at home. But why was she early? she usually gets home after me.

"Why are you home early?" I asked, as soon as I walked in.

She worriedly looked at it, like she was deciding what to say.
"I was not feeling well... Um so I came home" She said, I could easily tell she lied.

"I know you are lying sister, you can't hide anything from me."

She hesitated but still said, "Don't tell anyone but there are people who are Aberrant, they are..."

"I know what Aberrant means" interrupting her. "How?" She looked confused. "Caleb..." I simply shrugged. "I'm not surprised, that boy can't shut his mouth" she lightly laughed. I'm not surprised either, he is a very understanding guy, but he really can't keep secrets.

"So, I got a call from dad and he said mostly these guys live secretly, no one knows where they actually are, but there might be few who are hiding between us" she said.

"You mean they live us?" I gasped.

"Yes! They are just blended in our societies so we can't just tell a difference. So to prevent any harm, there's going to be a test every person has to take, which will tell you if they are aberrant or just normal like" she said.

"Wow this is just so..."
"Weird" she completed my thought, I nodded.

I really don't understand why these people have suddenly come forward. All these years no one ever mentioned about them, and now suddenly they are the major newsflash.

Suddenly Caleb barged in, he was looking really panicked. Before I could ask anything he said, "You should come with me, now!" He almost screamed the last part.

I looked at Irina and we quickly stumbled through the door. We went few blocks down the road as I heard some distance voices. What I saw in front of me was really disturbing.

People were screaming profane things and were gathering around a cluster of a chaos. We moved towards the crowd, to see clearly what was happening, I had to hold Caleb for my own support to move towards the crowd.

And there was my father, Caleb's father, Eric and Peter Williams, candidate of the Arcane. I have a feeling I know what this is all about. All three of us stood in front, but still my father didn't notice us as he was busy trying to calm the chaos.

"Please be calm, we have a serious matter in our hands. I know this is to much to take in, but just let us explain. Please just remain calm" my father tried to scream over the crowd but it was all in vain. This continued for few minutes, and I can't take it anymore.

"Shut up!" I screamed loudly. Every noise was stopped, as everyone were staring at me with surprise, that's when my father noticed me. I could tell how he was feeling about this as he had a look with mixed emotions.

Ignoring it I still continued, "My father and other council members are trying to explain everything here. So if you really want to know what is going on kindly be quite," that wasn't quite lady like thing to do, but at this moment I could care less.

"So I was trying to say that, I know many of you think that this test is unnecessary but for your and your family's safety this is a important and we are try are best to cause you less trouble" my father said.

"Is it true that the Aberrants are planning to attack the Arcanes?" Some one from the crowd said.

I instantly saw Peter tensing about this. "We are not quite sure if this is true as these are just rumours, but if are trying our best to prevent this from happening, and for that we want you all to take the test and co-operate with us" he said.

Most of the people were convinced, but few were still doubtful of the council's motives, like me. It's not that I don't trust them, I fully trust my father's and others decisions, but these days things are really suspicious in them. I looked at Caleb who was as doubtful as me.

Now I really need to figure it out and I'm going to need Caleb's help, even if he likes it or not.

I hope you liked it!

Things are going to be really weird for Sapphira as many things are gonna turn out beyond her imagination.

Stay tuned for this good stuff! Keep reading!

Feel free to comment! Xo