CHAPTER 2

(This photo is of Greer Davis)

ROMAN

I woke up to my phone chiming. I unlocked it and it was my kik. I got a new message in new chat. It was just some random telling me that I've received a free pair of shoes, it was a fake.

It was 6:54 am. I set my phone down and rolled back over to get my last 6 minutes of sleep.

In 6 minutes my alarm went off. I rolled over to turn it off and layed there for a moment.

I got up got my clothes together and grabbed my tooth brush, a drying and wash towel, a t-shirt, and some Calvin Kleins. I stepped out of my room down the hallention a user to the dorm bathroom.

It was a few other guys in here. So I awkwardly walked in to a shower. When I was done I brushed my teeth and headed to my room to change into my clothes.

My outfit is kinda nice. I'm wearing black UGG Australia Men's Neumel Boots, black joggers, a black short sleeve collar shirt, a gold Michael Kors, and a Hooded Denim Cardigan.

I wanted to look great for my first day of school. I tried my best. I like to think I'm fashionable but at my old school I never got recognition or compliments on my style.

I spray some Cologne on and grab my bookbag and phone.

I run into Greer. Like literally run into him. He's fully dressed but he seems to be in a hurry.

"My bad. I'll catch up with you later," He said as he rushed away.

I look at my phone. I pull up my schedule I'm supposed to go to World History, Power Assessment, Honors Biology, and Personal Finance today.

Before going to class I swing by the cafeteria and get a banana nut muffin and a cappuccino.

World History is in room 212 of the second floor. I enter the school building and take the steps to the second floor and read the numbers counting up each room until I find room 212.

I walk into the class, the teacher is sitting at her computer typing away.

"Hi I'm Roman Alexander, I'm a new student in your class".

"Oh my god hi! I'm Mrs.Tatum it's so nice to meet you. I got an email about you yesterday." She extended her hand for me to shake and I did. She was a short lady, chubby, she was pale with dirty blonde hair.

"Oh okay cool. "

" What's your Gift?" she asked me eagerly.

"I'm a telepath"

As i said this her eyes lit up with literal excitement. I have never seen a person get this excited over anything that didn't pertain to them.

"We have a few of you guys here. We have Erick and Sebastian, Cheshire, and Ms.Maynard the Assistant Principal. And now you have you," she said.

"Yeah I heard telepaths were rare."

"Yes extremely rare. Most fall under the tutelage of Mrs.Maynard."

*Riiiiiiinnnnnggg Riiiiiiinnnnnggg Riiiiiiinnnnnggg*

The first bell rang. And shortly after I heard and saw people filling the hallways outside the class.

"You can sit in that desk next to me. It tends to be empty," Mrs. Tatum said.

I assume she has a deficiency. She said that the seat nearest her is usually empty which could mean students don't really like her or something physically is wrong with her. Although she seems hygienic and sweet.