6

Dawn

After hours and hours of finding a simple yet comfortable outfit, I finally found what I wanted. I changed into a long bleached jean shirt, white low-cut skinny jeans, and red TOM's cotton loafers. I decided to top my whole outfit off with a dark red knitted beanie. I glanced myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. Damn I looked good!

I added a few bracelets and diamond earrings. Then put on some eye makeup, mascara, and light peach lip gloss. I went over to my makeup chair and started to fluff my curls. I never realized how long my hair was until today actually.  I rose up from my chair to grab my keys, purse and my poetry book. I ran downstairs and went out the front door as it closed by itself. The cold mid-October breeze swayed towards my direction, causing strays of my hair to flash against my covered face. I began to walk the busy streets of downtown Brooklyn as I stare my whole environment, sometimes I wish I can move away from this side of New York, something about this place brings and holds so much grudges and non-memorable moments.

My streets were very noisy and out of order. Hearing loud honking against sidewalks during traffics, neighbors constantly arguing over nonsense, feet competitively running up and down the sidewalk as kids were playing hopscotch and tag, dope dealers in corners selling every drug known to mend and prostitution was swarming in every block. It was weird that I live in this type of area, knowing I don't do this type of shit.

As I made my way to French St, a buzz vibrated in my pocket indicating I have a notification. I reached in my pocket to grab my phone. A message popped on the screen from Unknown. I swiped the message to make it out; it blew up as I read:

Unknown: Hey Dawn, its Chris. I forgot to tell you that I live in Love Lane. It's nearby Almondine Bakery, in your next left. Btw. Harper gave me your number lol. - (;

I chuckled as I read the message aloud. Of course Harper would give him my number. I began walking again until I made it into Love Lane. I took a sharp left as I was close to Almondine Bakery. The aroma of fresh made bread out from the oven floated inside my nostrils, inhaling its scent. I remember my mom-before she changed-would bring me to Almondine Bakery for their well-known fluffy breadsticks. We would order three pounds of their breadsticks and use them for our spaghetti night. I kept walking against the pavements as I made another sharp turn, seeing townhouses. They had an urban touch that I just couldn't point out.

I paced alongside the sidewalk as my eyes still kept its gaze upon the townhouses; each one had its décor and modern paint like the ones on The Bill Cosby Show. Just looking at these houses was mesmerizing; it was almost like if as I was sprung. I felt another vibrate indicating another text message. I swiped the screen as the message enlarged once again reading:

Unknown: It's Chris again! I just wanted to tell you that the three digits of my house are 470.

I kept the number 470 in my mind so I wouldn't forget. But after three minutes of searching, my eyes contracted to the black bolded numbers that read 470. I was actually standing in front of Chris' house; it felt weird that butterflies were buzzing in my insides; causing me to get light bright red forming on my cheeks. I timidly walked up the concrete stairs, balancing myself from falling, as I made my way up to the top. I calmly knocked on the door to avoid controversy with the other fellow neighbors.

Waiting patiently for someone to answer, I looked around where I was standing. Autumn leaves sweeping through the pebbled sidewalks; trees softly shaking against the whisky wind. Cars are slowly driving alongside with the crumpled leaves, looping against atmosphere. It felt very comfortable and non-noisy, unlike my area.  It was relaxing, getting me into thinking about moving to this area instead.