Chapter 1: Into The Woods He Runs

"Faster, faster, faster!" I yell at myself as I run through the woods dodging trees while ducking under the branches. I can hear them, their paws hitting the ground as they chase me. Feeling my forehead become wet I look up as raindrops coming down hard. Biting the inside of my cheek I finally get over the small hill as I see my goal in sight. A small two story house, all the lights shinning through the windows, taking a small sigh of relief I begin to slow my steps as I come close to the golden barrier surrounding the house, reaching my hand up to open an entrance for myself, I felt the sudden impact of a full body come crashing down sending me back away from the house. 

"Damnit!" I cried as my back hit the trunk of a tree. Standing I walked around as a giant wolf stood up growling his eyes following me. "Let me through!" I yelled as it only made the beast laugh. Feeling my own rage, I saw the members of his pack surrounding the clearing. Feeling my rage build I quickly ran straight for the wolf as I threw my hand out as his pack, "Illucescente!" I yelled as the nearby trees crashed around them, their leader distracted momentarily giving my the advantage to pull out my silver blade before ramming it through his gut. 

Hearing the Alpha's cry mix in with those of his pack I turned giving myself an opening to ripe through the barrier. "Ostium," I said before the golden barrier allowed me through. "Katherine!" I yelled to my wife as I ran into the living room seeing her lay down her round belly still full as I made it in time. Seeing her brown eyes lift to mine I couldn't help but smile as I saw the pain she endured to bring our child into this world. "Jacob..." She whispered as I knelled beside her grabbing her hand as an contraction came making her cry in pain as the maiden between her legs yelled happily to her. "Push Katherine! Your child is almost here!" She yelled over the thunder that came along with the rain.

"Jacob, how many are out there?" The crone asked her white hair flying in all directions as she strained her powers to keep the barrier up. Looking at her, I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off as my wife yelled, this one louder then the rest.  As she finally closed her eyes I grew worried only to hear the cry of a new born. Looking at the young maiden she smiled as she handed me the small child wrapped in a pink blanket.

"Katherine... We have a daughter." I whispered as she smiled taking the child from my arm. "What shall we name her?" I asked as I handed her the girl her cries calming as if she knew she was in her mothers hands. "We shall name her R-" BANG. We all looked to the door and windows as the wolves managed to escape the temporary trap I made. They began throwing their bodies against the golden barrier.

"Jenise!" I yelled looking to the crone as she flinched every time their hard bodies hit it, knowing we didn't have time I looked to my wife, her warm brown eyes nodded as she got up with the young maiden running upstairs. I pulled out my sword again ready to face the beasts, "Let it down." I said as the crone snapped her eyes to me. "NOW!" I yelled as I saw the last of the golden barrier fall I ran out, sword raised.

"We must leave now!" I yelled to Ashlyn as I held my child in my arms, my body spent, my powers draining, I only had enough left to get to safety. "Mistress you have to heal." She said but I shook my head tears falling down my eyes as I rocked the baby in my arms heading toward the window to see beast fight with man, my eyes drawn to Jacob as he protected the door to the house, my female warriors fighting back the pack. "We can't wait for me to heal. We must leave." I said as her eyes grew wide, she was scared I can tell. But I was too. 

Hearing a crash come downstairs I ran closing the door as I heard a deep growl. "Now!" I yelled as I handed her the baby before wrapping my arms around her. "Evanescere!" I cried as a bright light surrounded us, it felt so peaceful, like being surrounded by clouds. Blinking back my tears I looked around as we were no longer in the forest of my coven house. Instead we were in a busy city. Panting I leaned against the abandoned building trying to catch my break looking down my white dress that was now soaked with blood. "Mistress!" Ashlyn cried running to my side.

Shaking my head I looked at her smiling, I knew I would only give birth to one child, it was my fate to die afterward. Only me and the crone knew and I accepted it. "Please.... Take care.... of Runa..." I said softly looking to my innocent daughter as her violet eyes looked at me before a smile covered her face. Feeling bliss I closed my eyes letting my life force slip between my fingers. A bright light appeared and I saw Jacob smiling down at me, his head leaked blood and I knew he had died too. "Goodbye Runa..." I said as I walked talking Jacob's hand walking into the light with my soulmate as my body lay in the cold ground Ashlyn crying silently.