Chapter 4: Accidental Encounter

Rowan's P.O.V

Ever wonder why a werewolf would go to a human school? I wonder why too. When you find the answer tell me. I thought to myself as I glared furiously at my teacher. Sitting in the front row was not how I wanted to spend the last class before spring break. Stretching my arms I smack my best friend who was sitting behind me. "Ow!" He said making only a handful of us laugh. Ms. Pascual turned around sharply as we all immediately hushed as her scrunched up eyes searched the classroom, mainly me and my friends.

"I will not tolerate any disturbance." She said as I could feel a smirk growing on my lips. Her eyes apparently were sharper than I had expected because she saw it forming. Opening her mouth to speak, most likely giving me extra homework, the bell rang and I hoped over the desk making a run to the hall. "Ciaran!" I heard my friend call for me as they soon were on my heels. "Hurry Depel!" I called as I turned around letting out a laugh as he put me in a headlock causing me to crash to the ground as we began rolling around in the freshly cut grass. "You really should start your training." Uriyn said as he sat on my back. My best friend and my Beta when I take over the pack.

His bloodline had all the strongest pack fighters and of course he followed the footsteps. "I give!" I laughed as he got up and I punched his arm not even causing him to flinch. Sighing I threw my backpack over my shoulder as we began walking down to his fathers car. "Wanna head to the mall?" I asked as he just shrugged, we walked over to the black Jeep Commander he drove as we hopped in. "Hey Sab." I greeted as he merely gave a head nod. 

"How was the last day of school?" He asked as he pulled away from the curb, screeching the tires as he did so, completely ignoring that we were still in front of school with teenagers. 

"You really need to not kill anyone. We may have to move if you do." Uri said grinning at his father as Sab looked at them in the mirror clearly confused, "No one had died yet." He said seriously causing a laugh to erupt from me and Uri. 

Leaning over the driver seat I plugged my iPhone into the aux cable as I played some Skillet music, since Sab had a problem with Bullet For My Valentine last time I tried playing it. "Can you drop us off at the mall?" I asked as I scrolled through my music to play next, feeling slight tense I looked up to see his shoulders tense. "Actually.... Your father wants you home for training." Groaning I lifted my arm over my eyes, since I turned ten my father has been making me train brutally to defend myself. I'm almost thirteen! Can't he wait until I am able to shift? "Come on! It's almost my birthday let me please have today!?" I asked as I leaned over blinking my green eyes as I pouted. He looked over seeming uncertain, noticing I hit Uri in the stomach with my elbow. He growled before noticing what I was doing and quickly he followed suit. Soon he had two teenage boys pouting their lower lips like little girls. "Fine!" Grinning like a fool I raised my hand giving Uri a high five as we sat peacefully through the car ride. 

After about almost half an hour we finally get to the mall as we hopped out. "We'll call you when we are ready!" Uri called as we raced to the front door. "Hm.... Where first?" I asked more to myself as I took at Uri and saw the same look. "Games!" We called as we ran over to one of the stores that held the video games. I ran to the PS4 looking through the games, nothing really caught my attention. The new Kingdom Hearts wasn't released and Uncharted was becoming boring. Grabbing Until Dawn I was ready the back until a weird scent caught my nose. Blinking, I looked around and everyone seemed normal. I watched to the register as I paid for the game looking around cautiously wondering where the scent came from. I walked over to Uri who had his nose twitching like he smelled something awful. 

Since he was four months older than me he had his first shift and his scent was heightened. Better than a human I can still smell but obviously something bothered my friend. "Dude, whats up?" I asked and I could hear the growl that he was trying to keep down. "Witch..." He said and I frowned. Supposedly witch's had an awful scent. But what I smelled was different. Like honey and lavender, together they seemed perfect. Looking around I couldn't tell who he was smelling, and by the look of frustration neither could he. "Let it go. We can't do anything. Public places." I said and he stormed out of the store. 

Running a hand through my hair, I looked over to my friend as he seemed still a little upset. "Calm down, how about we watch a movie?" I offered and he sighed his shoulders finally sagging as he nodded in agreement. "Insidious 3." I said as I headed to the movie theater that was attached to the mall. It only held a couple of movies since the building only had 3 projectors to play them. Grabbing the tickets we decided we would need a small snack, 2 large popcorn, 2 large drinks, 1 box of M&ms, 1 sour patch kids, 1 pretzel. "What happened to small?" the cashier asked seeming a little upset about my earlier comment. 

Sitting down in the back room we got comfortable with our piles of junk food as the movie began to play I could feel the air tense again. "Witch." My friend whispered his dark brown eyes showing a ring of red. "Calm yourself!" I whispered as he looked at me clearly not caring about what I had to say. "I am to be your Alpha. Stand down." I said more harshly as he gave one final growl before shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

Throughout the movie we mainly ate as Uri seemed to finally calm down. We were joking around as we threw pieces of our candy at random people, mainly aiming for couples who would cuddling and hold each other during the scary scenes. Once the movie ended we had finished our popcorn and no doubt the candy was laying in pieces throughout the theater. Racing down the steps I decided to jump two steps but instead I ended up falling on someone. Not wanting to hurt the person. I wrapped my arms around them as I took the hit to the floor. Rolling all the way to the bottom of the stairs I held the girl tightly, her skin was soft and her hair was dark like midnight. 

Her face was hidden in my chest as I could feel her heart beating fast, probably from being scared. "S-Sorry about that." I said as she lifted her head up and I could smell the scent of honey and lavender coming from her. She gave me a small smile as I looked at her slightly shocked her bright violet eyes staring at me.

"C-Could you... Let me g-go?" She said and her voice was like cotton candy, sweet and light. Shaking my head I released her as I got up grabbing her hand and helping her up. She laughed and I rubbed the back of my head. "In a rush?" She asked and I smiled, not able to think of any words. "Runa..." She said and thats when I remembered my words.

"Rowan." I said as I shook her hand that she held out for me. She smiled as a blonde girl with brown eyes came running hugging Runa. "Are you okay!?" She asked as Runa laughed pushing the girl away.

"It was only an accident. I didn't even get hurt. Rowan saved me." She said directing her eyes to me and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. My names on her lips seemed almost perfect. 

Feeling someone tug on my arm I looked to see Uri, his face distorted with anger again. "Your welcome, I've got to go!" I said as he dragged me off. "What are you doing!?" I asked as we were outside of the building and I could finally releasing his hold on my shirt. 

"She's a witch! What are you doing talking to her?" He said his voice low as he looked around to make sure no one heard him.

"Who? Runa?" I asked a little shocked, she didn't smell like a witch, "No the blonde!" He growled as relief flooded me, that would suck if she was the witch. She was pretty cute. I hope I see her again. I thought as I could see the car pulling around to bring us home.

Runa's P.O.V

"How could you be so careless!? You could have been noticed! That's it, no more leaving the house! You are not allowed outside anymore! And you young lady! You're suppose to be protecting her. She could have died!" Aunt Ashyln has been ranting since we got home as Celeste informed her of our trip to the mall. Groaning inward I wish I was born normal. I'm barely allowed to leave home. It took me three years to convince her to allow me to go to a normal school and even then, it was a boarding school! All girl school! 

Rowan.... His name popped into my head as my friend was freaking out about almost allowing me to be killed by the werewolf. I could tell they knew about Celeste, thankfully I grew into my powers early and was able to hide my scent. Heading to my room I grabbed the photo of my parents from my nightstand as I sat on my bed telling them about the cute boy I met who saved me from hurting myself. His bright green eyes seeming to almost glow the longer I looked into them. His soft hair fitting his perfect body. Even for a young lad he was built.  I was only eight years old but because of my powers and heritage I grew up faster than the rest. I was about to attend school with other teenagers. I wonder what school he goes to... I hope to see him again.