Take It

"We weren't going to kiss!"

"Keep saying that Yamaguchi!"

It was finally the end of the day. I finally could go home. All day I have been hearing whispers about Kei and I being together. Kei told me to ignore them but I saw him giving everyone who mentioned it a death stare as we passed by them.

Tanaka thought it was a way to mess with us. See Tanaka never has really liked Kei and it's Kei's fault. I don't particularly blame Tanaka, but recently they have gotten along better. The teasing he did was mainly directed toward Kei, until I stepped in and yelled at him. Which everyone went into great shock after that.

I think the reason they were teasing us about being together was my fault. I said something about kissing Kei and they probably just heard that and nothing else. Even if I did mention it, it isn't like he was going to kiss me.

Let's say super hypothetical, alternate universe, what if he was going to kiss me... They ruined the moment by saying something so it ultimately wouldn't have happened anyway. Ah, my face is burning up just thinking about it.

Kei hasn't said really much anything regarding it other than ignore everyone. What is really bugging me about it is that Kei seems really angry and bothered by the idea that I could possibly be with him in a couple sense, and not just as a friend.

I mean I'm not any prize, but he doesn't have to act so cold about it. But when is Kei ever not cold to me? Wait aren't I thinking too much into this? I mean I'm not gay and Kei is my best friend and nothing more. That's probably why he's so mad then. He doesn't want to be considered gay.

Geez I'm sounding like a girl.

I take my t-shirt off and reach for another from my volleyball bag but I couldn't seem to grab it. I put my bag on on the floor and crouch down beside it. I look inside and can't find any clothes that I could change into. Ah, that's right. I was at Kei's house last night.

"You don't have any clothes do you?" I look up from my bag to see Kei with clothes in his hands.

I shake my head and he throws his clothes on top of me. His jeans are kinda just sitting on my head and for some odd reason it made me a little uncomfortable. "I can't wear your clothes."

"Tadashi just take them."

"But what-"

"I always bring extra clothes just in case if y-" He abruptly stops talking and walks out of the club room.

If I wanted to argue any further I couldn't. Even if I could, I know I wouldn't win the argument. I take the pair of jeans off my head and stand up. It's alright Tadashi. It's not like you haven't worn his clothes before.

The clothes didn't exactly engulf me but they didn't exactly fit either. I'm 179.5 cm and Kei is 188.3 cm. We are only like 8.8 cm difference but who's keeping track?

The shirt was a little too long so I tucked it in. I rolled up the sleeves but they kept falling down. The length of the pants were ridiculous so I had to roll them them up as well. I put my jacket on and then slung my bag onto my shoulder and walk outside to were Kei and some of our fellow teammates were standing. Thank goodness I wasn't the last one to be done changing. There were about four others left inside.

"Do they fit?" Kei asks in a low voice while putting his Sony headphones around his neck.

"No they are a bit too big." He just nods his head and looks over me.

He looks me up and down and then jut stares at me. Once again I feel uncomfortable because he just has this certain look in his eyes and it is creeping me out a bit. I shift away from him, wanting him to stop looking at me like that.

Apparently I made it worse.