The Ex Bully (Chase and Atlanta)

It was happening again. A small crowd was surrounding another fight, although it wasn't necessarily a fight considering there was only one punching. The other was just standing there helplessly. He wasn't fighting back, and I couldn't believe the one who was fighting hadn't stopped yet.

I was furious, that kind of stuff shouldn't be happening!  Not to that kid, and not to anyone. "Hey!" I yelled, racing across and pushing through the little circle of people and grabbed  Chris' jacket, pulling him away from none other than Chase.

Chase was one of the rudest kids I had ever met. He liked to ditch class, talk back, and just fool with everyone. I didn't even know why. I hated him with all I had, he was way too disrespectful for me. But, I couldn't help but wonder why he was so cruel to people. Everybody has a background story right? Still, his attitude disgusted me.

I pulled Chris over to the nurses office, and she hurried over from her stack of paper work. "Chris! Again?!" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing and her face showed pure worry.

Chris' head hung low, and you felt so bad for him. "Thank you for bringing him Atlanta, but you should get back to class," She said, and when I opened my mouth to protest she stopped me. "Don't worry, he'll be okay." So I gave Chris a small smile before going back out again.

Realization hit me and I walked back into the room. "Wait, Mrs. Frawley, what do you mean again?" I asked, and she looked at me sadly.

"This happens all the time, honestly. I don't know why they continue to pick on him, but it's getting harder for Chris.." She answered, and I noticed Chris was gone.

"Is it always Chase? How many times a week? Where's Chris?" I asked, firing my questions at her all at once.

"I'm not sure, but I think so. I can't think of anyone else, can you?" No. "He comes over here about three times a week, but that's only if it's bad. I'm not exactly sure of that one." My blood started boiling. I didn't even care that I'd never really spoken to Chris, it still wasn't fair. "And, Chris is in the washroom, back there." She answered, pointing behind her.

"Okay, thank you." I said politely, walking out of the room. But instead of going to classes, which had started 5 minutes ago, I went straight back to where I last saw Chase, hoping he was still there. It was kind of his spot, a big rock to sit on, under a tree that gave the best shade during the summer. Everyone was scared to walk near it because they were afraid of Chase.

"What's your problem, huh?" I asked, my voice raised to a shout as soon as I saw Chase's  flawless hair.

"I don't have a problem.." He answered simply not looking up from his phone.

"Well, obviously you do because you keep beating on Chris! What did he ever do to you?!" I asked, still outraged. My throat was throbbing from the volume I had been yelling at.

"He's weak. That's why." He answered, shrugging.

"Oh, so that automatically gives you the right to beat him up everyday?!"

"No, not everyday."

I groan loudly. "You disgust me. That's horrible. Do you have any respect for anybody else? Do you not see how people are scared of you?! How can you still act this way around people?! Seriously, this has to stop." I shouted, words flying through my mouth, and as soon as I finished yelling, I covered my mouth. "I'm sorry that was a little rude.."

He looked sad, and a little mad. "Nothing has to stop. I have to do this. I have to. Don't you see?! This isn't my choice. Well it is, but I have to do it! I have to!" He shouted, and his eyes started watering, making my heart pound in my ears.